joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/6-12/7 obs thread

Bostonseminole

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plain old rain here to start. 35.1° F. Mid levels must be too warm since surface temperatures and dew points would probably support frozen if temperatures upstairs were lower.

This is definitely one of those situations where the low levels mirror aloft, or even the low level cold is out pacing aloft.  Probably need to wait for it to go isothermal.

Dec_6.gif

Despite my own enthusiasm this morning ... I have to consider the possibility that the Euro and NAM may bust too cold.  

Didn't the Euro do this once last year, and we had a cold rain instead?    Different set-up, but I remember the outcome.  

We'll see... I'm still interested in the fact that the elevations are showing freezing now, which means that despite the 40F thing going on there is cold not to far up ...that is, below whatever toxin may lurk above even that.  

You know, it sucks.  I really don't like tracking these sort of pain in the necks.  I think at this point I'd be a happier Meteorologist if this huge negative anomaly in Canada just disappeared and we set up a whole new paradigm; start from scratch.   

Archived