joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - December 2013

PennMan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like they've opted for a more frozen solution, with widespread 2-4" in the southern tier and really scaling back the ice threat. I'd take that in a heartbeat over what had been forecast ice-wise the last couple days. 

attachicon.gifStormTotalSnow.png

attachicon.gifStormTotalIce.png

Yeah, I think the fact that the precip is moving in faster than guidance had suggested is helping with that. Not sure I understand the ice graphic though...would still think there's a higher icing potential farther west than southeast?

I hope so.  Watching that band in KY and WV nose its way north. 

Plus the radar is filling in south, so even if the strong band heads to I-80, there will still be some precip south of it. Looping and extrapolating over the past few hours it looks like the heavy band will be somewhere between Baltimore and the turnpike.

The RAP via Twisterdata.com takes the heavy band that is currently in Kentucky and moves it through SW PA and eventually across the state from W to E. Current radar shows the band is actually about 50 miles south of what the RAP shows at the moment, so that could play into how it translates across into the Mid-Atlantic

post-5336-0-88993000-1386507299_thumb.jp

post-5336-0-83672300-1386507322_thumb.jp

post-5336-0-18209000-1386507346_thumb.jp

Archived