Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - December 2013

PennMan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are about 11 accidents on the PA Turnpike between Harrisburg and New Jersey. Every overpass on I83 and the turnpike are solid sheets of ice. The only reason we are out is to get my mother in law who was in a 30 car accident near Morgantown. Don't travel is you don't absolutely have to. I also am worrying about my son returning to Selinsgrove to SU from Pittsburgh. Stay safe all!

Been snowing moderately to almost occasionally heavily for the past hour.  The snow rates don't appear to be mimicking the radar presentation.

Up to 1.5" total as of 10 minutes ago.  Temp holding at 25.5 degrees still.  I'm beginning to think I will reach the 2" mark with this one making it a "good storm" in my perspective.  Any storm that manages to completely cover the ground is a good storm.

Local roads are finally now snow-covered as the sun's radiative effects begin to diminish.

What's the story for tonight/tomorrow am? Anyone want to chime in?

Looks like temperatures get above freezing near 800 mb by 00z tonight. There may be some light precip around central PA; sleet transitioning to freezing rain by late tonight. Maybe by late morning it goes to plain rain as the surface gets above freezing.

Archived