Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - December 2013

PennMan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting back up to speed with things after just getting back home earlier today. The next several days promise to feature high impact winter weather for a large portion of the country. It appears we have at least two and perhaps several distinct waves that will provide wintry precip chances. For Friday going into Saturday models suggest some kind of a rain to ice and/or snow event especially western and central PA as cold air presses into PA. This event is already into NAM range and the 0z NAM was quite snowy for the NW half of the state with this. 0z Canadian with the ptype product focused snow more in the NW as well. 0z GFS was more C-PA centered with some accumulating snows making it to places like Harrisburg. Awaiting the Euros take on this.

Next up in the Sunday night into Monday timeframe is a wave of low pressure that develops in the south and runs into the Ohio Valley and west of PA. Looks like a typical winter mess scenario for the area at the moment. And the typical factors will be in play with regards to the low track/secondary development as well as what cold we will have in place. Unlike the last event, models are in pretty good agreement about having a strong high in place for this one.. so I would expect much more fight from CAD and a more extended period of snow/frozen precip.

Lots to sort out yet, but the weather looks active for us. 

Lancaster county certainly is NOT in central PA, but we certainly aren't similar to Balt. and especially DC. Even Philly is significantly different. They get a lot more snow than I do from true coastals (Boxing day storm) but we tend to do better with coastal huggers and inland runners.

We are another area without a true home, but this is the best subforum to begin with and for that reason posting here makes the most sense.

Anyone catch what the Euro is up to for later next week? Fun times ahead for sure...

Lancaster county certainly is NOT in central PA, but we certainly aren't similar to Balt. and especially DC. Even Philly is significantly different. They get a lot more snow than I do from true coastals (Boxing day storm) but we tend to do better with coastal huggers and inland runners.

We are another area without a true home, but this is the best subforum to begin with and for that reason posting here makes the most sense.

Anyone catch what the Euro is up to for later next week? Fun times ahead for sure...

I used to laugh when I heard this on the radio: WTPA York Lancaster Carlisle Harrisburg CENTRAL PA'S BEST ROCK!!!!!!!!!

That is if you have the geographic sense of a mealworm. 

Yeah, I saw that too...I think we warm up for the 3rd/maybe 4th week of December but before then we have some fun. 

We in the HBG region are still waiting for our snow he promised last week! :)

You should go on FB and tell him that. It's always fun to see what DT will say about your family when cornered. I admit, I laugh at a lot of what he says when pissed. 

Part of my problem as well. I'm pretty much alone as far as posters in my area. PSU Hazleton (when he's home) and PTB (if he still posts) are the only two that are relatively close.

I agree. I do like this sub-forum. We have a good group of guys and gals here. No real trolling or weenie posts, good information, and a few knowledgeable mets who freely give of their ideas and thoughts. It doesn't get much better.

I like it too. Maybe we try to think of you guys when giving out forecasts/model info. 

I used to laugh when I heard this on the radio: WTPA York Lancaster Carlisle Harrisburg CENTRAL PA'S BEST ROCK!!!!!!!!!

That is if you have the geographic sense of a mealworm. 

Yeah, I saw that too...I think we warm up for the 3rd/maybe 4th week of December but before then we have some fun. 

You should go on FB and tell him that. It's always fun to see what DT will say about your family when cornered. I admit, I laugh at a lot of what he says when pissed. 

I like it too. Maybe we try to think of you guys when giving out forecasts/model info. 

What gets me when he goes off, his spelling is 100 times worse then mine. His sentences at times are unreadable, or you have to read them 2 times to get an idea what he is trying to say. My favorite was he was trying to call someone a moron and he called them a mormon. I laughed so damn hard i had stomach cramps.

What gets me when he goes off, his spelling is 100 times worse then mine. His sentences at times are unreadable, or you have to read them 2 times to get an idea what he is trying to say. My favorite was he was trying to call someone a moron and he called them a mormon. I laughed so damn hard i had stomach cramps.

He's got dyslexia, and isn't as careful about checking his work when pissed. So yeah, some of those are funny as hell.

My personal favorite is how jxdama/rainstorm (not sure if you know that username) used to just get him to go insane. Jxdama/rainstorm is probably the greatest weather board troll of all time, truly a legend. He's driven me up the wall, and others, but really used to get DT angry. He had people thinking he was a woman for a while, so DT would go after him with stuff like "litsen you stupid dyke whore cow". But the all-time, and Pennman Jeff knows how much I love this, but one time back in like 2007 or so, there was a huge east coast blizzard modeled on the GFS, then it was lost. All the mets said no way, pattern doesn't support it. Then, ONE run of the UKMET shows DC-Boston getting like 2 feet, we had like 3 feet. So DT makes one of his huge, graphic-filled posts, with maps, and just a really good explanation as to why everyone needs to calm down and why the UK was full of it. I mean, he had to put an hour into this post. 

Then, less than a minute after he posts it, here comes rainstorm with a single short post "ukmet says this could be huge!" OMG, was that ever a classic DT meltdown  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: As I said, no one, and I mean not even Ji, can troll like that dude could. 

He's got dyslexia, and isn't as careful about checking his work when pissed. So yeah, some of those are funny as hell.

My personal favorite is how jxdama/rainstorm (not sure if you know that username) used to just get him to go insane. Jxdama/rainstorm is probably the greatest weather board troll of all time, truly a legend. He's driven me up the wall, and others, but really used to get DT angry. He had people thinking he was a woman for a while, so DT would go after him with stuff like "litsen you stupid dyke whore cow". But the all-time, and Pennman Jeff knows how much I love this, but one time back in like 2007 or so, there was a huge east coast blizzard modeled on the GFS, then it was lost. All the mets said no way, pattern doesn't support it. Then, ONE run of the UKMET shows DC-Boston getting like 2 feet, we had like 3 feet. So DT makes one of his huge, graphic-filled posts, with maps, and just a really good explanation as to why everyone needs to calm down and why the UK was full of it. I mean, he had to put an hour into this post. 

Then, less than a minute after he posts it, here comes rainstorm with a single short post "ukmet says this could be huge!" OMG, was that ever a classic DT meltdown  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: As I said, no one, and I mean not even Ji, can troll like that dude could. 

i think i remember that.

FYI for those who don't know, Zak is on a couple days time out!

Archived