• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 26-27, 2013 Snow Event

WestCoaster

SN here now. Flakes are small but surprisingly wet! Roads and sidewalks downtown now covered with very slippery sleet, serving as a base for accumulations now, especially with the temperature dropping a bit. 

Toronto's actually lucking out a bit with an f-gen band on the far western periphery of the snowshield. Too bad temps aren't a touch colder. Otherwise this could have been a surprise 2-3".

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got about 2.8cm here in my area or 1.1". Not bad, I was near the edge. Just 10 minutes more East and it was around 2".

Damn, getting to my campus today was a drag. Downtown is chaotic, and people were scrambling around the university -_-.

I measured 2"/5cm on my driveway. Really happy about that. Any snow in November - or before Christmas for that matter - is a bonus in Toronto!

Photo I took this morning

Also, some impressive LES bands off Huron and Georgian bay at the moment... I hope we can cash down here from it. 

Awesome picture man, looks amazing. 

Yeah its been snowing my area for the past 30 minutes. Didnt see nothing in downtown on my way back home from Uni though. 

Btw, you know what baffles me? How on earth did Vaughan (Buttonville) record 99.5cm in 2011-12, mind you, 42.7cm in February alone, whereas YYZ had 43cm for the entire season. :S  I'm in Vaughan too and I personally recorded about 68cm. 

Just an interesting point. 

I do recall the very few "snow" events in 2011-2012 were always on the cusp of rain/snow mix, so areas north like Buttonville tend to have all snow I suppose. It was seriously a god-awful season for snow. The most snow I had on the ground at any point the entire winter was 7cm which only lasted a few days at the end of December. It was my first winter here and I couldn't believe how mild it was

I do recall the very few "snow" events in 2011-2012 were always on the cusp of rain/snow mix, so areas north like Buttonville tend to have all snow I suppose. It was seriously a god-awful season for snow. The most snow I had on the ground at any point the entire winter was 7cm which only lasted a few days at the end of December. It was my first winter here and I couldn't believe how mild it was

I haven't cracked 6 inches since Nov 29th 2011. 

I haven't cracked 6 inches since Nov 29th 2011. 

Oh boy. That is rough!

I wasn't here before 2011-2012 but if I recall Toronto was "snowstorm free" between December 2008-February 2013, although I do think there was quite a bit of snow on the ground in the 2010-2011 season from small, consistent events and cold weather.

February 2013 was really exciting here, but it didn't last very long on the ground.

Nothing will beat December 2008 in Vancouver. Man that was amazing. We had 1 week with 3 snow storms each dumping 10", followed by over a week of temperatures more than 15F below normal

Oh boy. That is rough!

I wasn't here before 2011-2012 but if I recall Toronto was "snowstorm free" between December 2008-February 2013, although I do think there was quite a bit of snow on the ground in the 2010-2011 season from small, consistent events and cold weather.

February 2013 was really exciting here, but it didn't last very long on the ground.

Nothing will beat December 2008 in Vancouver. Man that was amazing. We had 1 week with 3 snow storms each dumping 10", followed by over a week of temperatures more than 15F below normal

2008-2009 was an epic winter here too.

As far as I remember majority of storms had rain and mixing. There were some small snow events but they were all borderline from being rain. I just think EC overplays the snowfall amounts at Buttonville and underplays the amounts at YYZ, mostly because they use a Nipher Gauge at YYZ. 

Overall, that winter was way to awful man. It made 2009-10 look "good". And we actually had a decent storm in March 2011 that dumped about 4-6" and the Groundhog storm did manage to drop about 5-8" before the Dry slot screwed us over. That storm in February 13 was the biggest since the Feb/Mar. 08 storms. It dumped about 14-16" in my area :D Prior to that, Jan 09 was the last time we saw a storm that was decent (6-8"). 

Yeah, December 2008 was just a beautiful month from Coast to Coast. 

Archived