• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New sub-forum guidelines for this Winter

Rib

We were very strict last Winter but things have changed and so I'm going to change. The general forum rules still apply but I want to customize them to our sub-forum. I think we need to be able to have a little more fun in storm threads. We are here because it is our hobby or in Ray's case his job. We need to loosen up. Considering I'm the only mod left, I'm going to take control.

-Some banter in storm threads will be allowed. This will be the main difference. It has to be controlled so pages and pages of a storm thread aren't banter, but I'm not going to warn and suspend people for minor offenses.

-Hobbyists and red taggers are going to be on a more even level, although that doesn't mean anyone can troll Ray. If anyone including red taggers are offended if someone questions their forecasts in a respectable way, I'm not going to take action unless it gets excessive and/or personal.

-Keep the amount of images in storm threads to a minimum. More direct links if possible. Images are fine, just don't let entire threads be pictures and animated gifs.

Honestly, lets have fun again. Nobody should be nervous to post in a storm thread because they think a mod err I will warn and/or suspend them. We could even avoid making seperate banter threads if it goes well.

I am not saying I am going to let threads be taken over by weenie posts. I am saying we are not going to be deleting every single post that is slightly ot. This is still a great sub-forum. Thanks to those of you who chose to stay. We may not have the amount of red taggers that other sub-forums have but we will have a more relaxed atmosphere. I want to bring back the excitement most of us get when we see the NAM shift north with the heavy snow or the anguish of seeing a storm phase with a low too late for us to get in on the higher accumulations, I think this sub-forum will be okay.

Sorry for being gone for so long. I want to apologize for not being around because of personal issues that have made my life quite difficult. I want to make it clear I am not going anywhere. I may not post every day but I will browse the forum and if you see any post that violates the rules, please click the report button because it makes it easier on the staff so we don't have to scroll through pages and pages to find the offending post.

I don't post much here, but my experience on other boards is the posters will pretty much police themselves and a mod only get involved when requested to do so by the members when they couldn't self-police.  Putting a little 'ownness' back on the membership may help.

I like the new rules for the most part...but you'd rather have us link to an image that will expire, rather than upload it on here so it can be saved forever?

I would prefer you save the image and upload it to an image site then post a link to it. I just want to prevent enitre pages of threads be images and animated gifs.

New rules sound good. Let's have fun but all know where the line is between our inner weenies and posting actual observations/model analysis. Looking forward to this winter with you guys.

I will enforce the rules and if threads are taken over by weenie posts I will take action. Don't think the changes mean weenie posts are going to be accepted. I did support strict moderation, but on the other end, we need to be able to have fun and laugh.

New rules sound good. Let's have fun but all know where the line is between our inner weenies and posting actual observations/model analysis. Looking forward to this winter with you guys.

I will enforce the rules and if threads are taken over by weenie posts I will take action. Don't think the changes mean weenie posts are going to be accepted. I did support strict moderation, but on the other end, we need to be able to have fun and laugh.

I never meant in any way weenie posts are allowed, you knew what I meant. Come on man lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived