SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Potential Mid November Event

BullCityWx

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope its not to early so we don't jinx it. Maybe we all see an early flake or two

I hope so too. :whistle::flood:

But considering the model data hard to deny the fact of a legit snowstorm. Has happened before and will again even though there has been a curse on this area for the last few years. 

Hazardous Weather Outlook for Boone, Jefferson, and Sparta. 

THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR ACCUMULATING SNOW IN THE TUESDAY NIGHT TO WEDNESDAY NIGHT TIME FRAME. THERE IS STILL SOME UNCERTAINTY IN THE EVOLUTION OF THIS SYSTEM...SO STAY TUNED.

Hazardous Weather Outlook for Mount Airy, and Wilkesboro. 

THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR ACCUMULATING SNOW IN THE TUESDAY NIGHT AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT TIME FRAME...JUST EAST OF THE CREST OF THE BLUE RIDGE...AND NORTH OF THE ROANOKE RIVER. A MIX OF RAIN AND SNOW OR ALL RAIN IS POSSIBLE ON WEDNESDAY. THERE IS STILL SOME UNCERTAINTY IN THE EVOLUTION OF THIS SYSTEM...SO STAY TUNED.

Hazardous Weather Outlook for Danbury, and Yadkinville. 

THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR ACCUMULATING SNOW IN THE LATE TUESDAY NIGHT AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT TIME FRAME...BETWEEN THE ROANOKE AND DAN RIVER BASINS. PRIMARILY A RAIN EVENT IS EXPECTED ON WEDNESDAY WITH A LITTLE SNOW MIXED IN DURING THE EARLY MORNING. THERE IS STILL SOME UNCERTAINTY IN THE EVOLUTION OF THIS SYSTEM...SO STAY TUNED.

Man plowing is what I live for but I have learned not to get excited until last minute as this is not the normal set up for us and especially this early. Just seeing a flurry this early would be a bonus

I agree. But atm still alot of support for it. But hey think about it this way if this comes to fruition  thats the 3rd time in 20 years. 00-01 and 08-09 had Nov snowfalls and they turned out to be decent winters.

I agree. But atm still alot of support for it. But hey think about it this way if this comes to fruition thats the 3rd time in 20 years. 00-01 and 08-09 had Nov snowfalls and they turned out to be decent winters.

. Don't forget 95-96! We had a November snow and lots of events all winter here in Greenville, SC! I feel good about the general idea of something wintry from most of the models!

History of measurable Nov. ATL snows since 1890:

- 11/27/1912: 2.2" from 0.22" liquid eq. (pure snow): appears to have been mainly upper level, not Miller A

Hi 43; Lo 29; snow didn't completely melt for couple of days due to very cold (high of only 37 on 11/28!)

- 11/11/1968: 1.0" from 0.77" liq. eq. (mix): from Miller A that tracked across far N Gulf coast into FL pan. to south of Savannah; Hi 40; low 31

-11/23/1975: 0.6" from 0.29" liq. eq. (mix): from closed upper low that moved ESE from OK; Hi 40 Lo 33

Meh! Wth... might as well.

But yeah its the nam... and still out of frame.

Seems to weaken the trough out west and allows the ridge to amp some.

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Imageanis.php

But maybe some enouraging news towards a decent snowtorm. While I believe the euro is wrong and will not be that magintude of a snowstorm as far as the amounts. But a blend of the strength of the gfs/euro/ggem should be considered.

Archived