• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
General Obs and Banter Away - Will It Be A November to Remember?

HimoorWx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was waiting for you to chime in! I'm sure your wife has countless stories of storm annoyance lol

lots of them. in the beginning years it would erupt into arguments...but we've gradually worked out some understanding on it. 

it takes a long time for a non-weather person to understand that we can't help that we have a sickness.  

Phil will like this....I miss getting those big post fropa CAA wind events. I can't recall one in recent memory, but the 90s had some good ones. Off the top of my head. Dec 1991, March 1997, November 2003 and 2004 I believe.

weird - i was just thinking about this. probably the 12z euro fropa later next week that had my mind drifting.  

the reason you don't remember is because you used the mind-eraser pen for 11-12. we had a nasty one - albeit a bit nontraditional with almost a SW component - jan 13 2012. 

i think it gusted to 70 on parts of the lower cape. 

Phil will like this....I miss getting those big post fropa CAA wind events. I can't recall one in recent memory, but the 90s had some good ones. Off the top of my head. Dec 1991, March 1997, November 2003 and 2004 I believe.

Iowa was great for that. Between that and the MCSs in the summer there was definitely no lack of wind.

Powder freak special on day 7-8, holy upslope

Looks like we'll continue to see the yo-yo. Seems like it would go back to mild after those panels. Starting another month with double digit departures today and maybe even tomorrow, too, lol. It annoys me that we can't just get a cold shot that gives a higher negative departure than we see on the flip side when it warms up haha.

Regarding the upslope...Anytime we have NW flow and CAA there's an upslope threat this time of year (especially with the chance of good low level lapse rates as temps at H85 plummet but the surface lags.

Not going to lie though...getting antsy about snowmaking and being able to sustain snowmaking temps for more than 24-48 hours at a time.

Looks like we'll continue to see the yo-yo. Seems like it would go back to mild after those panels. Starting another month with double digit departures today and maybe even tomorrow, too, lol. It annoys me that we can't just get a cold shot that gives a higher negative departure than we see on the flip side when it warms up haha.

Regarding the upslope...Anytime we have NW flow and CAA there's an upslope threat this time of year (especially with the chance of good low level lapse rates as temps at H85 plummet but the surface lags.

Not going to lie though...getting antsy about snowmaking and being able to sustain snowmaking temps for more than 24-48 hours at a time.

Poof

Ensembles are ugly for November. Looks like we torch after Monday. Winter triple xxx in deep trouble

It's a little early to be jumping off the cliff there, Chief.

I know Mon Tuesday probably then the 7-9 day period looks awesome. typical Nov upsy downsy weather. starting to look more and more like a gradient type Winter further north you are the better like a 07/08 type. I would take it. 12Z Ens runs

If that were to play out, I hope I'm far enough north.  I guess every one on the board is saying that same thing, though.

61/49

It's a little early to be jumping off the cliff there, Chief.

If that were to play out, I hope I'm far enough north.  I guess every one on the board is saying that same thing, though.

61/49

LOl you will be fine, I mean cmon . South of us not so much. What did you have in 07/08 I was about 115% of normal

Archived