• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
General Obs and Banter Away - Will It Be A November to Remember?

HimoorWx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I try not to judge other people's faith and there belief system

Yeah, a lot of the folks who tend to make the most noise are extremists, so I wouldn't use them to judge other people from the religion they represent.  None of us really know why these things happen, and most will acknowledge this.  It's frustrating when Christianity or any other faith gets a bad reputation based on a minority of radicals. 

I don't understand why that area is so bad.

Obviously this doesn't apply for today, but they are absolutely horrific at treating I-84 up there for snow/ice. You'd think they have never dealt with a snow event before anytime you drive through there. You cross over into MA and its like night and day.

Obviously this doesn't apply for today, but they are absolutely horrific at treating I-84 up there for snow/ice. You'd think they have never dealt with a snow event before anytime you drive through there. You cross over into MA and its like night and day.

It's also really bad in srn NH too. I mean for an area that avgs 65-75" a year or so...you would think they'd get out and treat the roads, especially for morning rush heading south. I guess there is something to be said about a state with higher taxes.  It literally is live free or die. Although, CT is a tax nightmare and look at their winter preps....lol.

yeah there is an insane number of accidents between exits 67-69 here . It's hilly and a few minor curves but nothing Bad. There has been a huge number of terrible accidents there

It was 10-15 miles farther north, but about 13 yr ago we got to park for nearly two hours due to a horrific accident - van overturned, two fatals, many injuries, frequent helo traffic.  We were headed home after college graduation in SC, on a 90F day in early May, and radiators were overheating, a car about 1/2 mile back caught afire and sent acrid smoke down the "parking lot", and someone in front of us was hauling beehives - the worker bees were out doing their thing and there would occasionally be a hundred or so buzzing about our van.  We finally got to crawl thru the detour, but when we went to re-enter I-84 the blockage had been cleared and 20 miles of backed-up traffic was flying by at 70.

IMO, road treatment with the liquid salt is fine for getting things quickly back to bare pavement after the snow, but awful during the storm.  It turns the white into slime, and far more vehicles seem to visit the median/ditch from such treated roads than from roads where the snow is merely plowed (or blown clear by traffic.) 

He was in 11...everyone but Steve was. 2001 the same by now. This autumn doesn't resemble those years in terms of sensible wx in any way shape or form.

I remember a few meltdowns when I mentioned in late November 2011 that December was starting to remind me of 2001. I didn't think we'd actually end up as bad as that winter...but the signs were showing up by the final 10 days of November. Probably before that too, but they became glaring by late Nov.

Its November 19th and there have already been 3 major 7+ days out fantasy storms.

Edit:  Saw a few lonely weenie flakes in North Andover this morning at around 9:30 AM.  They were so small I couldn't tell if it was dust or precipitation until one landed on my windshield and promptly melted.  First flakes that I've laid eyes on this season.

Archived