SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Second Half of October Wx Discussion?

CT Rain

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the storms where you dream for a little, think maybe just maybe if a high is here and the cold air can work to me, then look at the date and crash back to earth quicker than a skydiver without a parachute. Remember how much it took for the Oct bomb in 2011 to come together? All of the talk about how rare it was etc; now realize for it to happen again it would be twice in two years. Not likely lol. NNE guys might be in a different boat.

Yes excellent analysis, models want to break the ridge down and some have pointed to that but until the equilibrium is highly disturbed, status quo.

It does break down a bit. You can see what happens when there are no recurves. My issue is what happens more from December on. I'm not so sure on a very + AO and low AK area heights like some are.

It does break down a bit. You can see what happens when there are no recurves. My issue is what happens more from December on. I'm not so sure on a very + AO and low AK area heights like some are.

Yea I agree Scott, but even look at the end of the GFS run, that is a positive AO but its magnitude and positioning of the PV is such that we are in a great position for cold storminess.

Yea I agree Scott, but even look at the end of the GFS run, that is a positive AO but its magnitude and positioning of the PV is such that we are in a great position for cold storminess.

That's also because of the higher heights in AK too. If that happens then we can get a configuration like that. Gonna be a fun 2-3 weeks anyways.

The Euro seems to always run warm on surface temp reflections, last years Blizzard had me in the mid 30s and we verified at the same time at 25. but in this case people without elevation its a colder rain

Fine with me.  Still more than half leaf cover here.  Two inches or more of paste would bring more than just scattered power outages.

Its not a very cold system on the Euro or GFS...most would get rain. For now, its obvious we will go to a much colder pattern for the final week of the month.

As for the storm, the Euro ensembles are actually a little less supportive at the moment than they were yesterday at 12z. Its more of a weaker anafrontal wave.

Its not a very cold system on the Euro or GFS...most would get rain. For now, its obvious we will go to a much colder pattern for the final week of the month.

As for the storm, the Euro ensembles are actually a little less supportive at the moment than they were yesterday at 12z. Its more of a weaker anafrontal wave.

I would think snh monads could be ok for snow

I would think snh monads could be ok for snow

Yeah as of now, only the highest spots would get anything and probably with some latitude too. OBvously still a long ways out for any detail...as mentioned before, the Euro ensembles were more of a weak anafrontal wave than anything. So its possible there's very little snow at all anywhere outside of maybe upstate NY and NNE moutains.

Higher elevations foothills and mountains look to be into snow one way or the other with some up sloping as well

Upslope spots definitely look favorable for snow behind the system regardless. The system itself though won't produce much snow anywhere though if it ends up as a weaker anafrontal wave.

Archived