SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Second Half of October Wx Discussion?

CT Rain

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd watch out tomorrow from about ORH west of these low clouds getting trapped under the inversion and it ends up cloudier and cooler than these mid 60's and sun prancing forecast we're seeing. Low clouds this time of year love to hang tight.  Coast might be the best tomorrow

I hope so. Sun FTW.

My guess cold is over the Plains and Lakes with ocnl spillage into the northeast. In fact it will spill in, but we will be in a yo-yo pattern I feel. I think November may start out chilly and then we perhaps warm up after forst or second week?

Lovely...that's what I'd like to avoid. Getting those teaser air masses in here late-October to early November only to warm back up so its 55F on Thanksgiving haha.

Lovely...that's what I'd like to avoid. Getting those teaser air masses in here late-October to early November only to warm back up so its 55F on Thanksgiving haha.

Who knows. We always have a warm period in November at some point, Right? I'm just not sold on this patern holding for the moment. Maybe it will.

I'd watch out tomorrow from about ORH west of these low clouds getting trapped under the inversion and it ends up cloudier and cooler than these mid 60's and sun prancing forecast we're seeing. Low clouds this time of year love to hang tight. Coast might be the best tomorrow

Why would it be ORH west? I'd think ORH east, no?

Anyway, yesterday and today turned out not too far from those NAM 2-m temps from the other day...ECM will be hard to trust as this summer and fall it seems to have lost a little of its magic.

Why would it be ORH west? I'd think ORH east, no?

Anyway, yesterday and today turned out not too far from those NAM 2-m temps from the other day...ECM will be hard to trust as this summer and fall it seems to have lost a little of its magic.

Because drier air is advecting in from the east.

Who knows. We always have a warm period in November at some point, Right? I'm just not sold on this patern holding for the moment. Maybe it will.

Yep, we almost always do and if not in Nov, then early Dec like last year. Very hard for cold to set in late Oct or early Nov and just hold that way deep into winter. I know the old-timers will hang their hats on a few of the great winters that did so, but hopefully we don't jump

In too early only to be kicked out of the party down the road.

I'd watch out tomorrow from about ORH west of these low clouds getting trapped under the inversion and it ends up cloudier and cooler than these mid 60's and sun prancing forecast we're seeing. Low clouds this time of year love to hang tight.  Coast might be the best tomorrow

I could see some morning clouds but I think it will clear out quickly - there's plenty of dry air advecting in from the east. 

So basically its like a gradient pattern with a storm track through the lakes. Not complaining if that's the pattern that develops through the winter

Yeah you would clean up in that sort of pattern in the winter...what is good for you is usually a toaster bath for most of this forum, or maybe SWFE with redeveloping secondary near the coast.

Archived