Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Second Half of October Wx Discussion?

CT Rain

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pattern certainly can't get LESS active, could it.

Powder freak any plans for snowmaking from mountain ops

Might blow out the nice for marketing if there's a good night but large-scale snowmaking doesn't look in the cards. Honestly, November has me puzzled and I'm not willing to say we are cold straight through. No one wants to make a bunch of snow now to watch it melt in Nov.

Ice cold rain if the GFS is right for SE MA. If it came down hard enough, can't rule out a catpaw.

Wetbulb 0C height is about 910mb...so that's low enough to give Blue Hill some mangled flakes if it comes down steady for a time. Most likely though is a miserable chilly rain. Low levels have trouble saturating so I wonder if everything is pretty light.

Wetbulb 0C height is about 910mb...so that's low enough to give Blue Hill some mangled flakes if it comes down steady for a time. Most likely though is a miserable chilly rain. Low levels have trouble saturating so I wonder if everything is pretty light.

Yeah it would have to be heavy. Nasty rain though. Sure will be like Autumn.

We'll have to see how the euro looks. The GFS has some good lift above 700mb in central MA, but low levels are dry. Probably will mean a virga storm, but beware of mid level frontogenesis.

Should Ice warrior commander get his lady to grab the ruler and have it ready (remember those pics/ha awesome)

Euro is dry for most NW of TAN-GON-BDR. Hmm.

Not too shocking..its been furthest SE for a while now. Low levels dry and progressive flow make it a more believable scenario. If anything, tomorrow's temps could bust a bit cold with drier low levels and potential virga.

Tougher to do that these days versus years ago, but if we get a big time cold shot, who knows...Maine and Oklahoma set their all time state cold records in the past 5 years. It would help if we had the PV on our side of the globe like it was more often in the 1990s...1996 had a pretty epic cold shot though it wasn't as ridiculous in New England, but out in the plains it was...and we all know about 1994, though I always put an asterisk next to that one because of Pinatubo likely playing some role.

Of course Jan 2004 set some records for cold shots over several days, but didn't threaten all time lows...too much wind in those cold shots.

I kind of agree with Snowman.  I do like a good long sustained cold outbreak and it's been a while since I've down in the -10's, let alone -20s like 1/15/1988.  I'd love to feel that again.  I loved that at Lyndon, especially Dec '89 but that can't be expected.

Anything would be better than the long periods of fairly stable weather...we need something to shake it up!

Not too shocking..its been furthest SE for a while now. Low levels dry and progressive flow make it a more believable scenario. If anything, tomorrow's temps could bust a bit cold with drier low levels and potential virga.

The GFS lift above 700mb is usually a red flag for precip despite the models not showing it, but the low levels are dry. Euro was wetter last night but now dry again. That's too bad. Even the GEFS are wet..almost like euro against them all.

The GFS lift above 700mb is usually a red flag for precip despite the models not showing it, but the low levels are dry. Euro was wetter last night but now dry again. That's too bad. Even the GEFS are wet..almost like euro against them all.

How much would euro have to shift to look like GEFS.

Even if it less than likely at this point , im not sure wether i would pick am area like foster, ri or blue hill to have better shot at flakes. I hope GEFS owns euro (and euro caves tonite) and that KEV gets a coating of snow .

How much would euro have to shift to look like GEFS.

Even if it less than likely at this point , im not sure wether i would pick am area like foster, ri or blue hill to have better shot at flakes. I hope GEFS owns euro (and euro caves tonite) and that KEV gets a coating of snow .

Maybe 50 miles or so. Models aren't always great with these bands that blossom from SW-NE in response to mid level fronto, but it is progressive and just a wee bit too warm I think. If the GFS was right, I'd be somewhat more interested in the higher terrain...but it could be too far west. Potent s/w but the euro is south of the GFS for now.

Maybe 50 miles or so. Models aren't always great with these bands that blossom from SW-NE in response to mid level fronto, but it is progressive and just a wee bit too warm I think. If the GFS was right, I'd be somewhat more interested in the higher terrain...but it could be too far west. Potent s/w but the euro is south of the GFS for now.

The end of the 12z euro today is pretty ugly, looks like the U.S. is flooded with mild Pacific air. Hopefully thats wrong. It does have a big winter storm early next week for the upper mid-west

Archived