• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Second Half of October Wx Discussion?

CT Rain

Yesterdays fantasy land Euro really made me look twice, like you said man o man. I am not weenieing just saw a model output that screamed holy heck. Interesting times coming up for many. As we say in good fun. NB (hi Ryan)

Trough is pretty stout being modeled for this time of year

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man that is a deep trough and precarious look late next week. It might not be enough, but oh boy...that's an interesting look.

No kidding -- I cracked open the 00z oper. GFS run and my chin hit the floor!  

Let's just hope there are no leaves on the trees this go?  ...can we make that happen??  I lost power for 6 days in that October freak-show and as much as I love a good winter storm/event, no f thanks man!   I've said this a hundred times over the years ... the luster and magnificence of a the big winter storm runs out real, real fast when you are standing in the dark and realizing that just about everything there is in your modern world that makes life what it is requires electricity.   Oh you can hang out by candle-light, freezing your bum off, ...trying to rationalize it as something it is not.  But it sucks!  Anyone that says otherwise is full of shyt, lying, or insane.  Pick.    ...But I digress... now back to your regularly scheduled programming that requires the power remains steady - word!

gfs_namer_192_1000_500_thick.gif

rolled the rest of winter for fun

Yeah, looks "iffy" for New England with barely below average ...confined to southern areas.  Central and N, totally normal.   

I wonder if that -NAO could become so dominant that it pulls a 2009'er and slams the MA with snowmeggedons while Maine ekes out an above average from heights actually building down from the N.  

Yeah, looks "iffy" for New England with barely below average ...confined to southern areas.  Central and N, totally normal.   

I wonder if that -NAO could become so dominant that it pulls a 2009'er and slams the MA with snowmeggedons while Maine ekes out an above average from heights actually building down from the N.  

Lets not be talking foolishly now, We don't need a repeat, Thank you

Yeah, looks "iffy" for New England with barely below average ...confined to southern areas. Central and N, totally normal.

One would think that average would be good enough for you guys to get snow?

One would think that average would be good enough for you guys to get snow?

Heh,  like Will said -- it's not likely to actually work out that way given to the rarity of that set up that year.   Just saying, that particular product that was posted showed a strong warm anomaly near the SW domain space of the NAO, and it pushes some more average looking anomalies into N NE from the N because of it.   How that comes about if it even verifies that way, who knows. 

But I doubt DCA has more snow that BOS.   

As far as average, I don't think ORH had less snow that year than the MA, so yeah ... average for us is an over-performance for the MA, no question. That's obvious climatology there. 

Heh,  like Will said -- it's not likely to actually work out that way given to the rarity of that set up that year.   Just saying, that particular product that was posted showed a strong warm anomaly near the SW domain space of the NAO, and it pushes some more average looking anomalies into N NE from the N because of it.   How that comes about if it even verifies that way, who knows. 

But I doubt DCA has more snow that BOS.   

As far as average, I don't think ORH had less snow that year than the MA, so yeah ... average for us is an over-performance for the MA, no question. That's obvious climatology there.

Heh, check my sig for 2009-2010...we had less snow than Philly and Baltimore and Dulles. (though we did finish with more than DCA) Only winter on record ORH had less snow than PHL and BWI...and the 2nd time they had less than Dulles (IAD). The other winter was 1979-1980 when IAD had 26.8" and ORH had 26.6".

Heh, check my sig for 2009-2010...we had less snow than Philly and Baltimore and Dulles. (though we did finish with more than DCA) Only winter on record ORH had less snow than PHL and BWI...and the 2nd time they had less than Dulles (IAD). The other winter was 1979-1980 when IAD had 26.8" and ORH had 26.6".

What were their totals that year?  I mean PHL and BWI for 09-10?  I just thought it was ridiculous that PHL had 3 different events of 18" or more.  That's incredible.

What were their totals that year?  I mean PHL and BWI for 09-10?  I just thought it was ridiculous that PHL had 3 different events of 18" or more.  That's incredible.

I think PHL was 78" and BWI was 77"...IAD was like 72" or something.

I think PHL was 78" and BWI was 77"...IAD was like 72" or something.

We had 87" in Stowe Village that winter based on the CoCoRAHS station...I was wondering if they beat us down there but looks like they were close.

I'll say their 70-80" was probably higher impact snow than the 87" here which included 17" of fluff in a late-Feb upslope storm.

D10 looks kind of interesting if we could roll it forward another 24 hours. :lol:

Way out in weenie range obviously.

My thoughts exactly lol. I'd be kinda interested in what that s/w on top of the ridge does too. Days 11-14 look like they could be a lot of fun! :snowman::weenie:

Archived