SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Oct 9-13 2013 nor'easter obs/disco

Ian

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was the storm system we had in Sept 2011 was it and hqd like 10 to 15 inches of rain across the region? Think it was a combo of dying TS and a front hooking up

The "high water mark" in my brain for my lifetime is probably June 2006 still. That crap was insane. 

Remnants of TS Lee.

I had well over 10" in one day from that. Plenty of water damage, too. Scarred me pretty good.

This is like Lee in that we had a couple of days of rain (totalling a few inches) leading up to the main event. It's just that the main event was insane downpours and 7-10" of rain instead of this steady, long lasting 3"-ish today.

IAD has also now moved into a yearly precipitation surplus, and DCA's current yearly total of 32.92" exceeds last year's 12-month total of 32.45". 

And now IAD's current yearly total of 36.25" exceeds last year's 12-month total of 35.62".  Moreover, today's current total of 3.23" combined with yesterday's total of 2.22" marks only the third time in IAD's 50+ year history that two consecutive days each exceeded two inches of precipitation with one of those days exceeding three inches.  The other two times were August 10-11, 1984 (2.38" and 4.68" respectively) and October 7-8, 2005 (3.50" and 2.79" respectively).

Archived