Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
SW/Central/SE VA Disco

Martin

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know that I've ever seen the models perform much worse than they have with this thing. I kind of suspected they were probably a little overdone for the most part but did anybody see anything that had the precip shutting off anywhere near this quickly?

Eagles I hear you man, Richmond has missed every storm this year in every way possible it seems. Yes, we've gotten accumulating snow, but if there's a dry slot to hit, or a band to miss, we've done it. Very frustrating actually, but what can you do, its the weather!

Its really getting to the point of what we can squeeze out of the ULL no wide spread band is really organizing.. that being said their is a nice band right over Richmond now and another about 45 mins away if holds together that should hit Ric and Petersburg... father south in VA now the better chance of more bands forming

It's just too much cold air. The storm got crushed. Every model kind of showed that but not to this degree.

The RGEM did the best with this system for Richmond. It was only calling for 3 or 4 inches in Richmond yesterday while all the other models were calling for 6 to 8 inches and Richmond ended up with about 3 inches. The RGEM has been money all winter and has killed the NAM in storm after storm.

Archived