• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SW/Central/SE VA Disco

Martin

Wow, to be honest I kind of ignored this storm coming into the weekend. I checked the forum out of curiosity and can't believe we might get something out of this. Rain to snow storms are always tough for us, but it looks like 3-6 for RIC is definitely possible.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep when changeover happens is going to be the key... def could bust either way for sure in this area.. Amazing how much the models are predicting with what the temps will be tommrow... temps are 46 degrees here right now.. I would have to guess some places will get thundersnow on Monday.

heaviest precip still doesn't make it down into HR. Maybe .5"?

Yes I was just about to post that. If u look at sim radar from HR30 on it kind of dries up the precip as it approaches then reforms a bit just south. Hopefully just splitting hairs.

Weeping and gnashing of teeth in the main thread because the 12Z NAM is south again. I feel so sorry for them, and it's not likely that the NAM scores a big victory anyway.

Yeah, it would just be awful if RIC finally got a big snow. After all, the DMV hasn't had any big snows in the past four years...smh. And HR hasn't had any big snows either, given its climo right...smh. 

Not too sure what Wakefield is looking at putting southside HR into the 2-4" band. Maybe they were anticipating the southward drift on the models would continue or there would be more QPF after we get cold enough for all snow but that's not showing up . I've doubted them before, usually to my detriment but I think we'll see the totals trimmed back later today. Still quite an event for so late in the season and less than 24 hours after 60s. Rush hour tomorrow could be epically bad.

Not too sure what Wakefield is looking at putting southside HR into the 2-4" band. Maybe they were anticipating the southward drift on the models would continue or there would be more QPF after we get cold enough for all snow but that's not showing up . I've doubted them before, usually to my detriment but I think we'll see the totals trimmed back later today. Still quite an event for so late in the season and less than 24 hours after 60s. Rush hour tomorrow could be epically bad.

On thier QPF maps, they are expecting greater than .50 from the NC border north. If that verifies, only half (i believe) would need to be in snow to get around 3 inches with a 12-1 ratio. GFS does have norfolk around .7 inches total.

I'm outside grilling porkchops in shorts and a tshirt while under a winter storm warning. It does not get much better than this folks.

This whole Winter has been bizarre . I had some guys from Chicago that came here to work and they were so freaked out by how our weather can go from one extreme to another so quickly.    Norfolk, Tidewater area, is the area of all, any kind, of weather any time,Land. Be ready for shock city here. 

Damn, WAVY is going pretty big for us. I am really skeptical of snow accumulating on surfaces that were in the 70s today under full sun. In any case, moderate to heavy snow falling 24hrs after 70degree highs is pretty amazing.

Damn, WAVY is going pretty big for us. I am really skeptical of snow accumulating on surfaces that were in the 70s today under full sun. In any case, moderate to heavy snow falling 24hrs after 70degree highs is pretty amazing.

True, but the surface wasn't exactly baking in that heat for days. It was 35 degrees this morning at the soccer field.

Soil temps are around 45 deg. Of course there will be melting till the surfaces cool but with the tsunami wave of cold air coming down we should be good monday evening. Clown maps have been showing around 2" today for south side. Wavy's call is best case scenario imo. 

Archived