• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
SW/Central/SE VA Disco

Martin

Precip distribution might look a little strange when all is said and done.

As a friendly RIC met explained to me, it appears as though the coastal is moving a little quicker than the upper level low, causing the gap in the shield clearly seen on radar. Some of the best banding has set up N and NE of the city through Ashland and even up to Fredericksburg.

I know this is almost cliche at this point, but I have to say I'm a little frustrated. The best snow set up 35 miles N and 35 miles SE of me...are you kidding? Richmond winter lives.

Currently sitting with 1.3" and steady graupel falling...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scene is similar here in Suffolk 8" with some drifts closing in on 2'. I don't have a yardstick to accurately measure but the drift in the image is almost up to the level of the 4th step.  Not quite the 10-14" advertised but still significant by our standards.

post-2122-0-65567900-1391001700_thumb.jp

post-2122-0-48026100-1391001797_thumb.jp

Surprised at how much I ended up with here in Goochland, a little over 2".  Just spent the last few hours sweeping and blowing neighbors driveways.  If you have neighbors that are older or with health conditions and you are capable, lend them a hand.  This snow is light and you can clear a driveway with a shop broom in minutes or backpack blower in less than 2 minutes. :)

Surprised at how much I ended up with here in Goochland, a little over 2".  Just spent the last few hours sweeping and blowing neighbors driveways.  If you have neighbors that are older or with health conditions and you are capable, lend them a hand.  This snow is light and you can clear a driveway with a shop broom in minutes or backpack blower in less than 2 minutes. :)

Fins, how far out in Goochland are you? I am at 3" on the nose here in SP...

Archived