joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SW/Central/SE VA Disco

Martin

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man am I jealous. Tempted to drive down. My inlaws are in Buckroe :)

I don't know if anyone cares about the Hampton Roads area but we seem to be in the middle of the SE and MA regional threads. I'm going 7 in Newport News 9 in Hampton and 11 in VB. I do think that any bust will occur on the high side as the southern stream vort has trended east and the front has been slower to advance south than modeled. If I gave a range for VB i'd go 10-14

Thank you everyone for the analysis and posting images of the models - it's been fun watching and learning.  The general feeling where I'm working at in Portsmouth is that this will be a 3-4" event, and my looks of "ehhhhh you're probably a bit low" aren't getting through.  Just hope I don't get stuck here when I get off of work Wednesday morning; I'd very much like to enjoy the snow from home.

Keep sharing your thoughts.  I know I can't be the only one learning from you all on this storm.

62 today finally melted the last of my snow from last week. Hard to believe it's going to snow tommorrow after the warmth of today but the temps dropped dramatically this afternoon, i'm at 32.6 right now 1.5 miles East of ORF. I sure wish our local TV mets weren't so skittish to pull the trigger until the last minute and I still think they're under estimating what's coming our way. Bring it on. Charging the camera batteries now!!! 

Yeah - those temps sure did drop quick today in VB.  Just a few isolated patches of snow here.  Re: the TV mets, I don't know if they are just blind to the model trends or if they would rather bust low than high (which is understandble considering what the public reaction would be if they busted high).

Pretty dry out there. Dew point of 8.

Any light Pecip that moves in early on will get eaten up. With the 12/26/10 storm the first radar returns over the area brought Pecip to the surface. So we were really able to max our QPF. Just something to think about.

Archived