joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SW/Central/SE VA Disco

Martin

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can always count on the 18z GFS to show an epic snowfall, lol.

I am convinced that the 18z has some wacky programming built into it to please our weenie eyes

ha ha. Yeah. 0z is known as the fantasy killer. Probably will bring us back down to reality, so enjoy the high while it last!

No the 18z GFS is the dream scenario for yall down there, and is nice to hand Richmond a nice serving as well.  That being said, it is a clear north and west outlier right now.    Its not impossible, but there is no consensus yet.

Hey! CRAS and SREFs agree! 

Lol...definite outlier. I'd take it, even if RIC gets shafted for huge snows. I'm just looking for a 4-6 inch snow....can't be greedy

Certainly thought we would see a NW trend but wow. Have a feeling it will be back and forth over the next few runs but will end up more north as this season's models have seemed to trend within 72. By the way just saw on local wx that the rain/snow line in HR will be "tricky" to forecast with this system, uh really?

Certainly thought we would see a NW trend but wow. Have a feeling it will be back and forth over the next few runs but will end up more north as this season's models have seemed to trend within 72. By the way just saw on local wx that the rain/snow line in HR will be "tricky" to forecast with this system, uh really?

If you were watching WAVY, that's just Tiffany being Tiffany. She's like Don Slater. Plays it extremely safe until the very last second.

If you were watching WAVY, that's just Tiffany being Tiffany. She's like Don Slater. Plays it extremely safe until the very last second.

Didn't know if I was missing something or if the "in-house" model was really showing that. Any clue which model they were referencing @ 6:00 showing the precip well offshore?

Didn't know if I was missing something or if the "in-house" model was really showing that. Any clue which model they were referencing @ 6:00 showing the precip well offshore?

I believe the RPM and wow was that a terrible weather segment. Evan Stewart of WVEC did a great job in showing all the models and their solutions.

I believe the RPM and wow was that a terrible weather segment. Evan Stewart of WVEC did a great job in showing all the models and their solutions.

You would think that with the potential this storm has it would be easy to throw it out there and get people to tune in later....ratings?

I mean certainly if you think there is no potential then it would be morally wrong to do so, but of course the media would never falsely sensationalize something for ratings;-)

Archived