joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Let's talk winter!

Steve

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know haha. But I'd still take my 3", I'm selfish like that. Of course it would be nice to spread the wealth and bump up the amounts a bit too.

So you truly want 3" of snow that'll be slop and make everything a muddy mess the next day after it being 60 today? You're nutty. I've had enough and I love the snow but I'm sick of the cold and these rinky dink 2-3" snows that melt within a couple days and then by the time it's nice out everything is muddy so you still can't do anything

So you truly want 3" of snow that'll be slop and make everything a muddy mess the next day after it being 60 today? You're nutty. I've had enough and I love the snow but I'm sick of the cold and these rinky dink 2-3" snows that melt within a couple days and then by the time it's nice out everything is muddy so you still can't do anything

Agreed. This time of year it is go big or go home as far as I am concerned.

I want more than 3", but I'd settle for 3. I won't turn down snow until May. It'll be nice soon enough. I'd rather see one big storm at this point if it will be cold/snow, but I still haven't gotten tired of it. I'm used to Lake Erie Snowbelt winters and while this has been a very good SE Ohio winter, it still doesn't seem like much which may be why I'm not tired of it yet.

The Pondo Storm, time of death 2:10 PM EDT. Sorry I couldn't bring the luck everyone!  

I was out all afternoon, I checked the ggem from my phone.   That's when I knew The Pondo Storm had passed on.  Didn't even need to look at the euro. 

If this was a month ago I'd be bumm'n, but now I truly couldn't care less....which is a nice place to be.

Holy sh^t....it's windy out there!!!!!

I know haha. But I'd still take my 3", I'm selfish like that. Of course it would be nice to spread the wealth and bump up the amounts a bit too.

it's not selfish, it's just your preference.  I'm with Dilly and Pondo, sometimes snowfalls of 6" or less can be more depressing than exciting this time of year.  

Only reason I would favor a sloppy snowfall this year would be to get us into second place for seasonal snowfall.  Looks like #1 will be unattainable.

The precip shield didn't change much over southern Ohio, however the 18z GFS actually brings the energy out as a strong and closed low and doesn't leave nearly as much behind as the 12z. I'd say it's a step in the right direction, although the Euro's 3" is still looking like my reasonable upper end right now.

Oh ILN, will you ever learn?

.....POTENTIAL EXISTS FOR SEVERAL

INCHES OF ACCUMULATING SNOW SUN/SUN NIGHT.

Nice back peddling with the wind advisories this afternoon too LOL

I'm with you on go big or go home.  This storm can GO HOME for all I care.  It doesn't have 6+ potential so I don't want it!! :gun_bandana:

• 2 weeks later...

Where's Jbcmh?   Today's .4" snowfall brought this season to #2 snowiest on record.  Of course the spread from #2 to #1 is huge at 13" so #1 ain't happening.   Still impressive though.   

We definitely got screwed in the late season and I have to admit I really thought we'd tack on a lot more than we did from mid Feb until now.   We ended up stalling out after the second week in Feb.  That damn PV became way too suppressive and potential big ones 4 days out  trended south of us, with a couple of rainers and slop storms in the brief moments when the PV relaxed.  Timing and luck just sucked for us.   So what could have turned out as epic, was just awesome instead...lol

Where's Jbcmh?   Today's .4" snowfall brought this season to #2 snowiest on record.  Of course the spread from #2 to #1 is huge at 13" so #1 ain't happening.   Still impressive though.   

We definitely got screwed in the late season and I have to admit I really thought we'd tack on a lot more than we did from mid Feb until now.   We ended up stalling out after the second week in Feb.  That damn PV became way too suppressive and potential big ones 4 days out  trended south of us, with a couple of rainers and slop storms in the brief moments when the PV relaxed.  Timing and luck just sucked for us.   So what could have turned out as epic, was just awesome instead...lol

Another great quote and summary!  haha but yesterday was literally perfect.  I wanted just that .3" to seal our 2nd place spot, not another big storm.  Plus the snow squalls were pretty damn impressive.

A tale of two worlds around here the last 24 hours.  Yesterday evening high winds and horizontal falling snow...had close to 2 inches on the ground this morning.  This afternoon in short sleeves.   

I have a sinking feeling we have one more to get thru.  Watch late weekend/early next week......

Nothing solid on the models but there have been some signs. If the models are showing heavy precip and marginal temps, as Cleveland learned on Saturday and as parts of the Mid-Atlantic and New England learned Sunday and Monday, it's something to at least keep an eye on. Warm week though finally, we'll see if anything comes in the snow department though over the next 8 days.

• 5 months later...

Archived