Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Foliage

Wow

Dave:

That was quite a day you had there on Sunday. Very nice pictures! Thanks for posting them.

Truly we have one of the most beautiful places here in the world in the NC Mountains. We are blessed.

Thanks highcountrywx. I always loved it there in all of western NC from Murphy to Asheville to Boone/Blowing Rock. Indeed it is a fabulous area. It is gorgeous. It was my first time back to Boone are since 1998 and cant get over how much it has grown and for the best too :)

• 3 weeks later...

If we get a hard freeze Friday night they'll turn brown and fall off real fast.

Haha, true. That'll kill my pumpkin too. I've been trying to grow pumpkins for 5 years and the bugs kill the plants. This year, I planted them late, in order to have better luck avoiding pests, which I have. I actually have a yellow pumpkin about the size of a volleyball. I was hoping it could last for about 4 more weeks.

Wow, Marvel, awesome!!

Anyone know how north GA mtns. look in general now? Here on the northside of Atlanta, due I assume to the pretty warm 10/1-17, the leaves are only just starting to turn. I do think that if it remains dry, it would be better for the colors.

Wow, Marvel, awesome!!

Anyone know how north GA mtns. look in general now? Here on the northside of Atlanta, due I assume to the pretty warm 10/1-17, the leaves are only just starting to turn. I do think that if it remains dry, it would be better for the colors.

Here was the view off the north face of Brasstown the other day: 

1391434_638670239498425_510971526_n.jpg

Hwy 180 is pretty much gorgeous all the way from

Suches to Unicoi Gap.

Just now really starting to see some change here in Dahlonega the past couple days. Been a slow start. 

Nice at Brasstown Bald! Saw a similar scene atop Conasauga Rec Area per the overlook pic. Unfortunately it was cloudy. Forest is from Fort Mountain SP. Both were taken Saturday 26 Oct. While 3-4K ft is at/past peak, I believe 1-3K ft will be peaking well this coming weekend. It's definitely not too late!

post-2545-0-82478200-1382977512_thumb.jp

post-2545-0-96569400-1382977541_thumb.jp

Thanks for the N GA updates. Down here in Atlanta, it is very early. I'm thinking the weekend after this one should be colorful and could be spectacular if we could largely avoid heavy rain and wind til then.

It's still early here too ;)  My oaks are just starting to turn and the bradford pear hasn't even started. I've seen some nice color all around the upstate and even some spotty color along the coast.  :wub: 

Spent the better part if yesterday afternoon riding forest service roads between Dawsonville Dahlonega and Suches. Really seeing some fast change. This weekend will be perfect above 1500ft or so and north of Cornelia to Cleveland to Dawsonville with 60%+ color. Starting to get pretty here around campus at UNG too.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

Archived