Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice day out. Went to Red Hook to check out the ice yachts, hundreds of folks milling around in the middle of the frozen Hudson with only a narrow channel for the occasional passing barge. Reminded me of the stories of winters in the 19th century, with the entire community out and about on frozen bodies of water. Headed to the Walkway afterwards and the ice there is pancake stuff at best, but bank-to-bank, which is rare.

What an awesome winter.

Nice day out. Went to Red Hook to check out the ice yachts, hundreds of folks milling around in the middle of the frozen Hudson with only a narrow channel for the occasional passing barge. Reminded me of the stories of winters in the 19th century, with the entire community out and about on frozen bodies of water. Headed to the Walkway afterwards and the ice there is pancake stuff at best, but bank-to-bank, which is rare.

What an awesome winter.

I always enjoy your posts, glad you've become a regular poster here.

I always enjoy your posts, glad you've become a regular poster here.

Thanks, I very much enjoy posting here. :) I definitely plan to stick around for the warm season.

Oh man, that's what I should have done today! I haven't seen the ice boats for a long time. Those things are cool.

Yeah, they were really ripping in the fresh breeze. Quite a spectacle. The ice up there is reportedly a foot thick or more, so they may be out next weekend I think.

Archived