Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You live in a windowless house? ;)

Hah, true, but I like to feel the wind in my face and the ice pellets in my eyeballs.....

Seriously though, that was about the most awe-inspiring ten minutes of weather I've endured. No thunder or lightning but the llj is just roaring overhead, and whenever the sleet would pick up a bit in intensity, I could hear the roar get louder and louder until it mixed down to treetops and the surface. The ice pellets just kept getting bigger and bigger like nothing I've ever seen before, mixing with the occasional glob of snow. I figure snowgrowth in the mid-levels must be excellent, only to be ruined by an extremely thin warm layer somewhere. Disappointing to some extent, but far more exciting than pure snow for the time being.

Hey all. Finally have some time to post. Still pouring sleet here in Cornwall. Had some thunder & lightning a little while ago. Must say....this has been an exciting storm. Everything but the kitchen sink was thrown at us. Daughter is flying out of Stewart to florida tomorrow morning....hope its not delayed too much.

Edit.....snow has begun mixing in now.

Jeez Orange county looks to be the pivot point. We are gonna get smoked!!!

Now that we are all mostly back to snow it seems the Sussex, Northern Morris, Western Passaic counties in NJ northward in Orange County NY up thru the rest of the Hudson valley will do well if not very well for the next 3-5hrs!

Guest Patrick

I'm going to say it again.... i can not believe how hard we are getting absolutely crushed here in vernon right now.  heaviest snow i have ever seen.  beats 93, 96, PDII, Boxing Day.

Archived