joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it's worth they just tweaked our local forecast a bit- still 4-6 but with the old caveat " locally higher amounts"

Yeah alot is also gonna depend on the fluff factor as well. If we get .40" of precip with 20:1 ratios then we are looking at 8". There is that possibility we may be in for some surprises tomorrow

Similar numbers on the 00z GFS to it's last run.  Not many significant shifts (other than the SREF's as noted) today aside from a very slight jog NW.  I was anticipating a last minute shift SE as usually happens, but so far, not yet.  I think 3-5" is a good call for now, with localized spots, especially SE, to 8"+ as you said.

6 GFS made another tick NW. I believe that we get a region wide 5 to 10 inches for the NW zones.

6 GFS made another tick NW. I believe that we get a region wide 5 to 10 inches for the NW zones.

Very close to a big deal in NW NJ. Those in the S&E parts of Sussex County may end up doing much better than the N&W parts of the county. There are indications the best banding will be slightly further north than thought just 12-24 hours ago. 10-15 miles either way could be the difference of moderate snow and heavy snow. Suspect ~25miles either side of a line from about phi to nyc is where the core of the best banding will end up in. For us in the S&E parts of Sussex County we are not solid but close to solid on 6-8" with 10" still very plausible. One thing for sure this snow is not melting away anytime soon!

Very close to a big deal in NW NJ. Those in the S&E parts of Sussex County may end up doing much better than the N&W parts of the county. There are indications the best banding will be slightly further north than thought just 12-24 hours ago. 10-15 miles either way could be the difference of moderate snow and heavy snow. Suspect ~25miles either side of a line from about phi to nyc is where the core of the best banding will end up in. For us in the S&E parts of Sussex County we are not solid but close to solid on 6-8" with 10" still very plausible. One thing for sure this snow is not melting away anytime soon!

Hey neighbor! The trend has most definitely been our friend overnight!! Liking 8"+ as a real possibility given trends! Good luck!

Guest Patrick

I can't copy and paste, but my Holly thinks the best dynamics stay east of us and the snow shuts off for us before the shtf later tonight... Hence the lower numbers. I don't like it, but I believe it.

Thinking a warning should be up for Sussex, no? Newer to the area and thinking that we "just know how to handle it better"...

I can't copy and paste, but my Holly thinks the best dynamics stay east of us and the snow shuts off for us before the shtf later tonight... Hence the lower numbers. I don't like it, but I believe it.

I read that. Also think that the higher warning criteria is at play. Either way, it's a beautiful thing given where we were 48 hours ago!

Guest Patrick

Oh definitely.. I'm not complaining too much. Let the city folks have their fun. I'll wait for our late Feb/march paste job jackpot!

I read that. Also think that the higher warning criteria is at play. Either way, it's a beautiful thing given where we were 48 hours ago!

Oh definitely.. I'm not complaining too much. Let the city folks have their fun. I'll wait for our late Feb/march paste job jackpot

Hope your right but when was the last 6+ storm where Sussex County was jackpot for NY metro accumumlations.  Seems like a long time with these bigger events, definetly been more than a short time trend as think it pretty much has been the case since the Boxing Day storm.

Light snow here as well at West Point, very fine crystal flakes.. I hope flake development doesn't kill us like the last cold snow storm

Yeah- I think it will be good this time. It's already becoming more moderate down here in Monroe. I see upton already bumped us into the 6-8 zone. I'm thinking 6-10 like last storm is probably doable. We will see. I'm sitting at the southern end of the county about 5 miles down the road from greenwood lake. Time will tell.

Hope your right but when was the last 6+ storm where Sussex County was jackpot for NY metro accumumlations.  Seems like a long time with these bigger events, definetly been more than a short time trend as think it pretty much has been the case since the Boxing Day storm.

Since 09-10 winter we have been fringed up here. Snowicane ( feb 25-26) we jackpotted up here but most have been scrapers in the last 3-4yrs.

Yea I'm just over the mountain from you with a nice elevation of 900ft and I'm seeing decent flake development now with good winds

I used to be in Cornwall up on Mine Hill rd- so I'm familiar. Now I'm off the backside of West Mombasha in Monroe. In between two mountains that the Appalachian runs thru- a little elevation definitely helps when it comes to snow!

I used to be in Cornwall up on Mine Hill rd- so I'm familiar. Now I'm off the backside of West Mombasha in Monroe. In between two mountains that the Appalachian runs thru- a little elevation definitely helps when it comes to snow!

My father in law lives on School Rd near W Mombasha rd. Im pretty sure his property sits at exactly 1000'

My father in law lives on School Rd near W Mombasha rd. Im pretty sure his property sits at exactly 1000'

Yeah I remember you mentioning in the past you knew the area. It's funny cause I never think of it as that much elevation- but it clearly makes a difference with some of these storms.

School Rd can be treacherous with snow on it!

Archived