• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central Pennsylvania Late Summer-Fall 2013

Really, the entire Harrisburg area seems to be a magnet for awful driving. I used to hear my dad talk about it when I was a kid in the 70s. 

Well I actually meant the overall condition of the highway from Carlisle to Front Royal, VA being a constant state of construction or poorly maintained. You add bad weather and morons to that, many of whom learned to drive in Harrisburg and BOOM. Trouble.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's great for State College. However, I am worried the trend north/west will continue.

Looks icy. 

Well I actually meant the overall condition of the highway from Carlisle to Front Royal, VA being a constant state of construction or poorly maintained. You add bad weather and morons to that, many of whom learned to drive in Harrisburg and BOOM. Trouble.

Yup...

In the Euro depiction, the active northern stream shortwaves are preventing much sustained confluence at 500 mb that would promote anticyclogenesis in QB and low-level cold air. This also results in a weaker baroclinic zone oriented more perpendicular to the east coast. The SE/SSE flow ahead of the system leads to a broad area of warm air advection and the development of a storm that is elongated and more frontal in nature.

There's also the feedback of the elongated cold air advection on the backside of the system lowering heights and spreading out the vorticity in the meridional direction. In short, this makes it difficult for snowfall to occur outside of a band of lower QPF anafrontal precip on the western edge of the storm.

Archived