SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July high heat WX disco

CapturedNature

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty impressive to see a 600dm ridge over the Ohio Valley this morning. By Friday, the computer models are pretty much unanimous with 850mb temperatures reaching +20 to +21C in southern New England. This may result in widespread mid and upper 90's. Can someone make a run at 100°?

The timing of a cold front for Saturday is still being worked out, but many spots could see yet another 90° day before things potentially get stormy later in the day.

I tried to delete the duplicate thread, but I don't have access to do that.

Impressive launching pads for temps today

81/71

Warm to be sure, but I was looking at the hottest days in our weather station archive and that's on the low end.  Most notable was the 90.7/79.5 reading at 930 on 7/22/11.  Our highest ever temp of 99.4 on 7/7/10 was 83.5/76 at 9:30.  It should be close but I could see us surpassing our high for the year today though on 5/31 of 95.1.

Impressive launching pads for temps today

9 a.m. today vs. yesterday (24 hour change)

DXR: 80/82 -2

OXC: 79/81 -2

MMK: 82/83 -1

HFD: 83/83 --

BDL: 82/85 -3

IJD: 82/84 -2

GON: 85/81 +4

HVN: 86/83 +3

BDR: 84/83 +1

All inland areas are at or below where they were this point yesterday. Shoreline areas are actually warmer.

and yet there's no heat advisory for the shoreline...just inland which is cooler than yesterday....

Didn't verify yesterday at any CT station I don't believe, and today will be similar with heat indices generally in the upper-90s. Of course today will be the day some place like MMK has consecutive hours of 102 and 100 and they will bust the other way.

ORH 82 10am

I bet they hit 89 or something and fall just short of 90 again.

They should be able to hit 90F later this week if they don't do it today/tomorrow. MOS has been consistently running about 2-3F too high at ORH during these hot spells. Spitting out 91s and 92s with 850s of +16 or +17 just doesn't work.

I do find it funny that they are like +5 on the month and still haven't hit 90F all summer. Testament to those warm overnight mins.

They should be able to hit 90F later this week if they don't do it today/tomorrow. MOS has been consistently running about 2-3F too high at ORH during these hot spells. Spitting out 91s and 92s with 850s of +16 or +17 just doesn't work.

I do find it funny that they are like +5 on the month and still haven't hit 90F all summer. Testament to those warm overnight mins.

Well, I've hit 90 like 8 times or something, ORH has had a lot of 86-88F highs.

Archived