joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2013 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably out teeing it up. A good day to play 36.

lol, only 18. Clouds helped out, but if it was completely sunny I may have only made it to the turn. :D

Humid as a mutha...

T & L with a micro cell passing over right now.

EDIT: some decent gusts with this cell too. 

Got absolutely drenched walking into work this morning from a tiny little micro cell.  Just unbelievable rates with that little thing.  Flooded the parking lot in a short time. 

Only picked up 0.07" at the house though, but the clouds were thick enough to keep the temp at only 86 today.  Dews in the mid 70s though.

Dp down to 68F...front has moved through with west winds... could tell about an hour ago when it moved through...clear skies now...  very little rain with this whole thing...reminds me of last summer when all those fronts would come through dry in this area.  Doesn't matter..the river is still flood stage around here...don't need the liquid.  

Out on the bike ride i was watching some kids jumping off the pier into the river...funny thing, i did that same thing about 20 years ago when i was a little punk...summer in La Crosse. 

Dp down to 68F...front has moved through with west winds... could tell about an hour ago when it moved through...clear skies now...  very little rain with this whole thing...reminds me of last summer when all those fronts would come through dry in this area.  Doesn't matter..the river is still flood stage around here...don't need the liquid.  

Out on the bike ride i was watching some kids jumping off the pier into the river...funny thing, i did that same thing about 20 years ago when i was a little punk...summer in La Crosse. 

Anything dewpoint lower than the mid 70s is better. Can't wait for 60s at night also. Hopefully can tag some upper 50s later this week. Still 78° at this hour.

Having a hard time keeping up with all the weeds growing in this tropical weather.

Have had about 75% of the annual rainfall here year to date already.

Up to 16 consecutive days of rain in Cleveland after a widespread 1.5-2" of rain last night. The old record was 14 days in 1928.

Article from yesterday evening before the storms hit extending it a day.

http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2013/07/cleveland_sets_record_with_15t.html

Unless there's some midnight storm tonight, 16 days should end the streak with 7" and whatever ends up falling today.

79/74 at 9:00am at LAF. Disgusting.

Storms popping in central IL this morning. Should be a swing and a whiff for here though. 

You love it and you know it!  ;)

Yes, it is pretty nasty outside this morning..  Really sucks cause my AC in the car is dead..

Below is something I'm doing for http://wisconsinwx.com/ FB group. Thought I'd post it here for the WI folk on the thread. (July 6)

Utilizing intraseasonal oscillations and a cycling weather pattern called Lezak's Recurring Cycle the attempt to project weather conditions weeks and months into the future is happening. Currently the data used to generate the forecast are based on a full blend of cycles. The outlook for the remainder of July and all of August, based on the current interpretation of the cycle, is listed below. (http://tiny.cc/isowiwx)

As the jet stream moves pole ward during the summer months a lot of the weather experienced the past 9 months in the Midwest shifts north and the summer anti-cyclone sets in. While this seasonal shift is taking place the patterns are still cycling and WI will continue to feel the effects - on a seasonally affected scale.

Signals are pointing towards temperatures ending below average in July with a rebound to begin August. The end of August looks warm as well. The numbers continue to signal an abundance of precipitation state wide through August. This is true along the borders as well with the only exception being Escanaba, MI. Notable weather events are labeled on the temperature graph in the image by "wisconsinwx" icons along the X axis. I discussed a potential dry spell back in April to take place mid July (http://tiny.cc/wiwx-001), we'll see if that transpires.

Long range forecasts began in April. Past forecasts are below.

More information on LRC and ISO.

07-wiwx.png

Archived