• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2013 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

Picked up a few hundredths with a brief shower earlier. Surface boundary has pushed through most of WI, MKE is 80 now with a ENE wind.

80 sounds better!

Hopefully these storms make it and cool it off!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like you're getting a good storm right now.

High of 87 today, 88 at MKE. There are boundaries galore around the area.

It was alright. Only 0.08" of rain. Cooler, but the dewpoint is the same. About 87° here today.

85º today, highest temp since we hit 85º on June 28. Dewpoint maxed out at 72º. A few showers earlier in the day, but the rest of the day was mixed sun and clouds. As typical of a summer day as you can find in the LAF. 

Today is just your type of weather, eh Tim? :lol:

Nice and sticky!

My last rain was 0.30" on June 29th so I was hoping for something decent today.  This morning I got a nice surprise when a feeble line of convection started backbuilding when it moved over Cedar Rapids.  I ended up with several downpours that added up to 1" on the nose.

This week looks like another winner.  I'm pretty happy with summer so far... moderately warm, moderately humid, and timely rain.

Still looks like a line of garden variety t'storms will impact the area, and we may have two rounds of storms if this first round clears out by 2 or so.

I was hoping for better but this first round might be the only round.

Got exactly 1.00" yesterday afternoon and evening imby, up to 4.80" for July and 11.14" since June 1st. Some nearby areas got 2"+ yesterday, but DTW once again was gypped with just 0.38". Make no mistake DTW is still well above normal rainfall for June (6.01") and July (2.16") but I am nearly 3" ahead of them so far in met summer, impressive for our short distance.

Archived