Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2013 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its been a long time since I've seen the yard so green in the middle of July. Locust tree still spitting out bright green new growth. Great summer. Cool and wet with the occasional melt period (yet still frequent precipitation during those hot stretches).

uihh.jpg.

The Madison IN hydroplane regatta has been cancelled due to high water on the Ohio flooding the pit area and making it unsafe for racers on the river.  This is the first time in 63 years the racing has had to be cancelled.  Even up here in Elkhart I have tons of mushrooms in my front yard due to the moisture.  Wish they were morels.

I believe it. Absolute monsoonal rains up here this evening. Was at a bbq that had to be moved indoors. No thunder...just HEAVY rain ONCE AGAIN targeting primarily downriver. i only hope this luck lasts in winter lol. Just like the other day....we obliterated the rest of SE MI rain-wise. Picked up 1.60" imby (Wyandotte wunderground station showed 1.88") which puts me at 3.80" for July and 10.14" since June 1st. DTW only picked up 0.27" so they are at 1.77" for the month and 7.78" since June 1st. Still well above normal but an unusual difference for such a short distance.

What an amazing difference from what we have had up north. Just 1.41" of rain since June 1st here in Gaylord. 

Its been a long time since I've seen the yard so green in the middle of July. Locust tree still spitting out bright green new growth. Great summer. Cool and wet with the occasional melt period (yet still frequent precipitation during those hot stretches).

Nice backyard!

Pushing 90° here now area wide. 

Backyard this year looks a lot better than last year. Pond is full and all the vegetation is green.

On the hour it shows UGN getting to 86°, but there should be an intra hour bump to 88° or 89°.

DLL - pond is mostly free of algae now, since I treated it. So it wouldn't be bad to take a dip in.

Edit: Yet another failed attempt at 90° at UGN. High 89°. 90° here though.

The Madison IN hydroplane regatta has been cancelled due to high water on the Ohio flooding the pit area and making it unsafe for racers on the river.  This is the first time in 63 years the racing has had to be cancelled.  Even up here in Elkhart I have tons of mushrooms in my front yard due to the moisture.  Wish they were morels.

An amazing stat about not being cancelled in 63 years. Lots of rain being dumped into the Ohio River watershed for this time of year. I've also had lots of mushrooms in my yard. Some morels sound good right now.

Heavy rains once again just missing me to my east and dumping on extreme western OH. With the ULL finally moving off, they are moving due south, while the past few days they were moving due north.

An amazing stat about not being cancelled in 63 years. Lots of rain being dumped into the Ohio River watershed for this time of year. I've also had lots of mushrooms in my yard. Some morels sound good right now.

Heavy rains once again just missing me to my east and dumping on extreme western OH. With the ULL finally moving off, they are moving due south, while the past few days the were moving due north.

Yeah once again I was rained on today. I've got to mow the lawn here soon but the whole side yard is all standing water as deep as the grass by where the property line is. Seriously the water will just not go down here

folks in the neighborhood are watering their lawns this evening. Why? Because it hasn't rained imby in.....wait for it.....4 whole days. People really think their lawn is going to brown out after a few days in the 70s and 80s without rain? 

Lol! One person starts and everyone else gets the same idea I guess. Maybe they figure it's in the high 80s therefore the lawn is going to go brown soon if I don't water it!

folks in the neighborhood are watering their lawns this evening. Why? Because it hasn't rained imby in.....wait for it.....4 whole days. People really think their lawn is going to brown out after a few days in the 70s and 80s without rain? 

Even worse here. We've had a fair bit of rain...1.5+ inches in the past few days. Yesterday afternoon, neighbours had the water on their lawn a whole 6 hours after the rain had stopped. 

Archived