• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2013 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

Happy 4th of July fellow weather enthusiasts! 

Big difference here today with the sun out and mid 70s. I do appreciate the cooler summer, especially after last year. Getting a whole lot more done outside and enjoying the outdoors more this summer so far compared to last year.

Yes, and it's especially nice when one's allergies are under control.  If you're having trouble, at the moment I suggest Claritin if you're having issues.  A coworker of mine told me he's been using it for several years and it works.  I tried it a few days ago when my allergies started acting up and so far it's working quite well, better than Zyrtec or Allegra.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, and it's especially nice when one's allergies are under control.  If you're having trouble, at the moment I suggest Claritin if you're having issues.  A coworker of mine told me he's been using it for several years and it works.  I tried it a few days ago when my allergies started acting up and so far it's working quite well, better than Zyrtec or Allegra.

Luckily I have only taken allergy medicine 4 to 5 times this season so far. That's really good for me! Claritin is really good for me as well.

More humid for us members near the lake: 76/64 right now. 

Just a tad wet over the next week.

It's amazing how much rain has been flowing north from the Gulf for several days now. I know Ohio needed the moisture, but not that much. There would be big issues if this plume was aimed further west where it has been wet most of the year already...

Edit: Definitely looking wet on the GFS for 1-5 days out.

GFS_3_2013070418_F120_PCPIN_96_HR.png

BTW, the above post is a perfect example of why this Spring/Summer thus far can kiss my fat ass.

This. Its been too wet and cloudy. Thankfully we had a solid string of warm summers and one mild winter to hold us over. Hopefuly the fall stays mild until mid Dec.

Better enjoy this summer, I doubt we'll see another one like this anytime soon. :)

lol, well it's not been unprecedented or anything so far...not every summer is going to be 2010, 2011, or 2012. But more seasonable temps are the on the way, which is fine with me.  

Yesterday was the 6th straight day with a sub-80º high temperature in the LAF. Phenomenal.  :wub:

Same here. But not unheard of in this area! Might hit 80 today before the lake breeze moves in. Sitting at 78° now.

Tomorrow the sub 80 streak ends for sure.

So after picking up 0.02" in a brief shower yesterday evening, we had a monsoon this morning. (around 7am). Picked up 0.76" imby, reets...complete with lots of ponded water in the stand the next HIGHEST total I can find in SE MI per reports...is 0.15"! Crazy. Wish I saw the cell on radar. DTW only got 0.01", and DET 0.13". This brings my July total imby to 2.20"!

This. Its been too wet and cloudy. Thankfully we had a solid string of warm summers and one mild winter to hold us over. Hopefuly the fall stays mild until mid Dec.

The other shoe had to drop eventually, which is understandable. I would just like more strong/severe t'storm action, and it's also the fact that we have yet to hit our first 90*F+ high.

0z GFS has PWATS rising to 1.6" Sunday evening and not dropping below that till Wed evening. Get as high as 2.2" as well as other locations nearby. Tues evening continues to look nice for severe chances.

Any idea when our area might experience the first MCS wave? Sunday by chance?

Any idea when our area might experience the first MCS wave? Sunday by chance? S

Perhaps Sunday night north of the border (WI/IL) mainly.  Looks like Monday the front sags south, so Monday and Tuesday are likely the best bets for the Chicago area, Sunday and again Tuesday for the likes of Milwaukee, Madison, La Crosse.

Archived