Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2013 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

64/59 here at noon. Last year at the same time it was 87/72.

2013>>>>>>>>>>2012

Been giving my parents are really hard time the last few days.  They live in Southern Oregon and it's been mid 100s everyday, while it's been a comfortable 70-75.  Let's just say, I have alot of angry relatives at the moment.. :lol:

Been giving my parents are really hard time the last few days.  They live in Southern Oregon and it's been mid 100s everyday, while it's been a comfortable 70-75.  Let's just say, I have alot of angry relatives at the moment.. :lol:

Well, at least you have the somewhat recent experience in telling them how to handle it. :D

Looks like a "midnight" high of 71º at STL today. Currently 63º and socked in with rain. If things don't improve there later this afternoon or early evening, the 71º will tie the low max record for today set back in 1924. BTW, STL hit 100º last year today (one off the record of 101º set in 1933).

68° and gloomy here, but it appears to be short-lived as the quasi warm front moves northwest. About to break into sun and with the accompanying instability, IN and Western OH could see some scattered t-storms later today.

attachicon.gifg13.2013183.1732_smEVV_vis.jpg

....and we have a warned storm:

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA

440 PM EDT TUE JUL 2 2013

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NORTHERN INDIANA HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...

SOUTHEASTERN BLACKFORD COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL INDIANA...

WEST CENTRAL JAY COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL INDIANA...

* UNTIL 515 PM EDT

* AT 438 PM EDT...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WAS LOCATED NEAR DUNKIRK...

AND MOVING NORTHEAST AT 20 MPH.

HAZARD...QUARTER SIZE HAIL AND 60 MPH WIND GUSTS.

SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED.

IMPACT...HAIL DAMAGE TO VEHICLES IS EXPECTED. EXPECT WIND DAMAGE TO

ROOFS...SIDING AND TREES.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

PENNVILLE...TRENTON...CENTER...BALBEC...FIAT AND BRYANT.

A year ago today it hit 99.  Today we reached 79 with low humidity.  Gonna save a lot of money on the ol' electric bill this summer.

Ended up having quite a bit of sun today, as the clouds/precip stayed east and west of this area. 

+1

Only 68° here today and that was this morning when the sun was out. Been between 59-63° all afternoon.

0.04" of rain today so far. Hit the 25" mark for the year to date.

Edit:

For the 4th of July.

temp45.gif

Took this pic yesterday. Lush and green and rainy....hard to believe its July!

That's one green lawn! Compared to last year I am +11.42" Jan-June.

A very comfortable 60° here this evening.

Glad we got a little sunshine today. This constant rain is tiring, although I do like the nice greenness everything has unlike last year. This summer would be a lot more disappointing to me if it wasn't for the fact we are just coming off of a summer so hot and extreme that there would be NO way we could have topped it this year.

No 90s in the forecast here for the next 7+ days.  Think we've had around 3-4 so far this year.  Since it's now July I wouldn't mind a period of blistering heat.  Just doesn't seem right without at least one or two periods of intense heat.  Hopefully we'll get a nice ridge to build over the MW later in the month. 

69º at LAF yesterday. First sub-70º high temperature in July since 2009.

Climate report has 70º for STL yesterday, which would set the record for the low max temperature for July 2. Still looks to me that they hit 71º at start of yesterday, but maybe I'm wrong.

69º at LAF yesterday. First sub-70º high temperature in July since 2009.

Climate report has 70º for STL yesterday, which would set the record for the low max temperature for July 2. Still looks to me that they hit 71º at start of yesterday, but maybe I'm wrong.

I think climate reports use Zulu time for their 24hr period. So 1am(06z) would be the start of a new day in the central timezone instead of midnight.

Archived