Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I'm thinking of making new snow boards this fall. I want to elevate them about 2 feet off the ground (getting lazy I guess). Any advantages/disadvantages to doing this? I didn't see anything in NOAA's snow measuring guidelines that say you can't. Thoughts or ideas?

Depends on your yard.  If its usually pretty protected from the wind near ground level, then that's probably ok.  But if you get a lot of blowing and drifting then it probably won't work.

+15 departures for the win! (Not of this was in jun-jul-aug) lol. This nice weather made me bite the bullet on a new bike. Riding weather!

Where do you ride at? I started over the summer mostly down the beach and at my sisters out in chester county, but I'm looking for places a little closer to home.

Where do you ride at? I started over the summer mostly down the beach and at my sisters out in chester county, but I'm looking for places a little closer to home.

Right now, just getting back into things. To and from work and around the neighborhood. I'll be hitting up some trails hopefully by perkiomen trail, Kelly drive, valley forge, brandy wine. Soo many options lol. Just gotta pick up a better seat, and a rack (tow hitch style) for the car. We'll have to get out if you're looking to ride. I can put the bike into street mode, with the suspension off and slick tires, or go into mountain bike mode with the extra mountain tires and suspension on. I'm pumped. Plus, I got my go pro to add into the mix!

Right now, just getting back into things. To and from work and around the neighborhood. I'll be hitting up some trails hopefully by perkiomen trail, Kelly drive, valley forge, brandy wine. Soo many options lol. Just gotta pick up a better seat, and a rack (tow hitch style) for the car. We'll have to get out if you're looking to ride. I can put the bike into street mode, with the suspension off and slick tires, or go into mountain bike mode with the extra mountain tires and suspension on. I'm pumped. Plus, I got my go pro to add into the mix!

Yeah I'm just getting into it myself. Usually ride with my brother in law but hes training for Ironman Florida so I don't really join him on his 100 mile rides lol.  I just got a Go Pro a couple months ago after using my friends on vacation. They are awesome. Just need to pick up a couple of mounts for it.

If you ever get the chance, check out White Clay Creek/Middle Run in Delaware or Fair Hill in Maryland. Not as far as you think.

If you ever get the chance, check out White Clay Creek/Middle Run in Delaware or Fair Hill in Maryland. Not as far as you think.

I've golfed white clay,

It's not that bad of a ride. I'm

Sure I'll be checking out trails as I go forward. Thanks for the recommendations.

Second this recommendation. I go to in Fair Hill all the time. Almost 10 square miles. Very extensive trail network, nice scenery. .  White Clay/Middle Run is also good.

Bumper crop of stinkers too with these warm days.   House siding covered with 'em.  

I tried spraying this all natural lemon pepperminty oil bug spray to keep them away from around the door where they are incredibly adept at getting in the house.This stuff seems to kill all bugs in quick order, but doesn't phase stinks at all actually they seem to like it

I have found the cure for these nasty critters and it's right within your reach. A nice mixture of liquid dish soap and water in a spray bottle - certainly kills them quickly and easily with a quick spray but also seems to keep them from coming back for quite a while. It seems this is the one thing (soap) that can get thru their tough shell. Give it a whirl and let me know what ya think!

Paul

I tried spraying this all natural lemon pepperminty oil bug spray to keep them away from around the door where they are incredibly adept at getting in the house.This stuff seems to kill all bugs in quick order, but doesn't phase stinks at all actually they seem to like it

I have found the cure for these nasty critters and it's right within your reach. A nice mixture of liquid dish soap and water in a spray bottle - certainly kills them quickly and easily with a quick spray but also seems to keep them from coming back for quite a while. It seems this is the one thing (soap) that can get thru their tough shell. Give it a whirl and let me know what ya think!

Paul

Febreze air effects also works like a charm kills them fast and it doesn't allow a calling card odor to the rest of them to come on in.

I have found the cure for these nasty critters and it's right within your reach. A nice mixture of liquid dish soap and water in a spray bottle - certainly kills them quickly and easily with a quick spray but also seems to keep them from coming back for quite a while. It seems this is the one thing (soap) that can get thru their tough shell. Give it a whirl and let me know what ya think!

Paul

Sounds good time to wage war against them little stinky bastards

Speaking of stinking, time to lock up the tropical thread?!

I'd lock up the convection thread before tropics

should have been aborted in may  

Been a bad year, but there is a slight chance of some severe early next week depending on how Karen'sl moisture interacts with the cold front.

lol

Archived