Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 10-14 Severe/Flooding Wx - Obs, Radar, Warnings, Dmg. rpts

wxmeddler

Winds between 70-80 mph moving into an area from

Columbia to Laurel...and south Baltimore.  Not sure

if what hit Rockville was a tornado, but the entire

city limits felt the 70+ mph winds.

Hearing reports of gusts over 70 from rockville to gaithersburg via family.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOLY HELL. That was insane. Lots of small/mod branches down here. Leaves and small twigs were swirling but my visibility was pretty limited. I would not doubt at all that something went thru just north. I want to let PD and Fire deal with stuff before I venture out a little. Lots of intersections dark according to ham radio and PD radio. 

Daughter was right in middle of it at route 100 and I-95.  Says a narrow grey cloud came all the way down to the ground, sky was so green that almost became purple, blinding rain, zero visibility, all traffic pulled off the road, got lucky on the winds I think as she said car shook some but she never felt like it was going to flip.

Chesapeake Beach gets an amazing dry slot over it for pretty much every storm. Areas to the south and north of us get hit but splits over us, very curious about this one. So far just rolling thunder and a couple of wind gusts (no worse than normal being right on the bay). This morning we got about 5 minutes of pouring rain and no thunder nor wind.

Archived