Welcome to American Weather
  • Announcements

• Wow

New Tropical Forums   08/25/2016

It is with great pleasure that I announce the creation of a new forum to the board dedicated to tropical weather discussions.  We will be encouraging all tropical related discussions in this forum to promote a stronger community and more robust discussion.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wxmeddler

June 10-14 Severe/Flooding Wx - Obs, Radar, Warnings, Dmg. rpts

1,788 posts in this topic

Now lets see if it maintains through the Metro area. I suspect it will weaken suddenly around me lol. 

Warning text has 70mph winds in it. 

Lol...it's trying to split and reform just East of Leesburg...

Ugh....told my daughter to go to the basement

Win or fail?

Perhaps the tor warn was auto-generated due to the heavy winds moving directly over the radar site? Some toward and some away?  I don't know if all tor warns have human approval?

So all these storms started rotating? Wtf

The shear is there for rotation, the question was just whether storms would really get going after this mornings crap. 

Perhaps the tor warn was auto-generated due to the heavy winds moving directly over the radar site? Some toward and some away?  I don't know if all tor warns have human approval?

Have to assume a human has to approve before a warning goes out. Otherwise too much liability for false warning. 

All warnings are human made.

Now lets see if it maintains through the Metro area. I suspect it will weaken suddenly around me lol. 

Warning text has 70mph winds in it. 

Very southern tip of the storm just hit here.  Some strong gusts, but nothing really unusual.  The clouds to my north (towards Ashburn) look wild, though.

When the TOR warned storm passed here, I lost power (for about half a second).  That's the second power loss of any kind we've had since we moved in three years ago - the only other one was during the Derecho (also for just a second).