Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Severe Threat June 11-13

Hoosier

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM Hires showing a MCS coming down from the NW into the Chicago area by 1z.

[snip]

That looks too east-west oriented to me - probably will be more north-south oriented a la HRRR 20z (Chicago under fire in either case tho.)

That looks too east-west oriented to me - probably will be more north-south oriented a la HRRR 20z (Chicago under fire in either case tho.)

Yeah I think it would be a bit more south. Fwiw: the total rainfall predicted through 20 hours.

ptot20.gif

Yeah I think it would be a bit more south. Fwiw: the total rainfall predicted through 20 hours.

[snip]

Yeah I think it will be more forward-propagating than that which is depicting a ridiculous training situation. That has me clocking in something like 10 inches of rain in that time period unless I'm reading that scale wrong. If that happens there will be terrible flash flooding here.

SEVERE WEATHER STATEMENT  

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL  

547 PM CDT WED JUN 12 2013  

ILC063-091-093-099-197-122345-  

/O.CON.KLOT.SV.W.0053.000000T0000Z-130612T2345Z/  

KANKAKEE IL-KENDALL IL-LA SALLE IL-WILL IL-GRUNDY IL-  

547 PM CDT WED JUN 12 2013  

...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR GRUNDY...  

SOUTHERN WILL...CENTRAL LA SALLE...SOUTHERN KENDALL AND NORTHERN  

KANKAKEE COUNTIES UNTIL 645 PM CDT...  

AT 543 PM CDT...A LINE OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WAS LOCATED ALONG A  

LINE EXTENDING FROM SHOREWOOD TO UTICA...AND MOVING EAST AT 35 MPH.  

STRONG WINDS MAY PROCEED THE THUNDERSTORMS.  

HAZARD...TENNIS BALL SIZE HAIL AND 70 MPH WIND GUSTS.

Yeah I think it will be more forward-propagating than that which is depicting a ridiculous training situation. That has me clocking in something like 10 inches of rain in that time period unless I'm reading that scale wrong. If that happens there will be terrible flash flooding here.

That's 3.00" (300 on the map) about for ARB. 

---

ALEK you might have hail headed your way. 

Looks like it won't be long until the action breaks into my neck of the woods. Definitely intrigued to see what comes of it. I would think that those just to my east may have a better shot re: widespread SVR. At any rate, also curious to see what (if anything) will become of the discreet cell that has moved out of Jasper Co. into Pulaski IN. 

That's 3.00" (300 on the map) about for ARB. 

---

ALEK you might have hail headed your way. 

Sheesh, good thing that scale wasn't mm. (Also, they're missing their decimal point.) 3" would be more reasonable, but will still cause urban flooding.

Can't remember the last time I was under a PDS anything watch, very interesting but I'm definitely on the far northern fringe of any derecho potential.

Regardless, torrential rain appears to be a real concern. There has been a line of moderate showers/t-storms training over me for the past hour already along the warm front.

Archived