SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2013 obs/disco

2010 extreme

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z GFS Op keeps the mid-level vort currently over TX separate from Andrea and brings it through Saturday. The result is a high shear/low CAPE environment with an awesome wind profile for tornadic potential, with areas around DC and southern MD being the main target:

post-96-0-42687700-1370543191_thumb.png

Of course, this is just one run, so nothing to put much bank on yet until we can start to see more consistent solutions. It will be interesting to see how Andrea and that mid-level vort interact (or don't) as time progresses.

I've recently moved to San Francisco from Arlington and I have to say the weather out here is so boring.  Thanks for all the updates on this TS/remnant it's giving me my weather fill.  

Just make your way up to Tahoe next winter before a storm comes out of the Gulf of Alaska while the jet brings tropical moisture from Hawaii.  If you want to see some extreme snow rates and can take a few days off it is the place to be.  The waves at Half Moon Bay are also quite a sight when these weather systems collide.

Be patient winter in N. California is not boring.

Just make your way up to Tahoe next winter before a storm comes out of the Gulf of Alaska while the jet brings tropical moisture from Hawaii.  If you want to see some extreme snow rates and can take a few days off it is the place to be.  The waves at Half Moon Bay are also quite a sight when these weather systems collide.

Be patient winter in N. California is not boring.

awesome, good to know, Half Moon Bay is definitely on my list for the winter.  I've only been here a few months (SF city proper) the fog is pretty amazing when it comes in and the wind is crazy on some days. 

I've recently moved to San Francisco from Arlington and I have to say the weather out here is so boring. Thanks for all the updates on this TS/remnant it's giving me my weather fill.

I love San Fran, enjoy!

Archived