joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 27-June 2 Severe Weather

Hoosier

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Instability in model land right now is a problem but wow at the shear profiles/crossovers for Friday. This off the 18z NAM.

End of the week looks pretty interesting in a general sense but I'm sure one day's convection will affect the next in some way.

Just saw what apparently was a wall cloud while driving south on I-75 through Monroe County into Toledo. Was kind of distant (small cell, and was moving off into the lake by then) so I wasn't sure on it, but I found several similar reports from credible sources on Twitter. West and northwest of the lowering was a crap ton of scud, with a good bit of upward motion. No rotation at all. Had I been 10 minutes sooner I might have driven right under it!

Here's a picture from the south, looking north (not mine, and much more dramatic than what I saw):

https://www.facebook.com/NeoweatherToledo/posts/387446434708574

End of the week looks pretty interesting in a general sense but I'm sure one day's convection will affect the next in some way.

But of course.

BTW, prior to that t'storm with the torrential downpour on the eastside of the city, we also had low/rotating clouds.

You could see them real nicely off I-94.

looking more like a heavy rain event in LOT. The storms are holding together, but losing some punch (and warnings) as they move east. As I write this storms exploding near Joliet in Will County. 

should see some impressive totals along the I80 corridor...wow at LOT tossing out potential 5" amounts. I still don't see anything major up around I88 but we'll get that answer before too long.

Archived