Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic catches! As you probably recall, I was very skeptical you guys would fare well chasing during that May 10-20 timeframe about a week beforehand, which was a huge mistake. Props to HM for nailing the timing of the pattern change (around 5/15) from several weeks out.

Here's my video from Rozel to Sanford on 5/18:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2HUL1jw2Ng&hd=1

Fantastic catches! As you probably recall, I was very skeptical you guys would fare well chasing during that May 10-20 timeframe about a week beforehand, which was a huge mistake. Props to HM for nailing the timing of the pattern change (around 5/15) from several weeks out.

Here's my video from Rozel to Sanford on 5/18:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2HUL1jw2Ng&hd=1

Thank you sir. Once about 5/10 came around I figured we would pretty good as it became more favorable each day. Our only mistake was picking the wrong storm on 5/18. We were in Greensburg for hours but went south to Coldwater/Protection hope a storm down there would move into the good moisture but never did and was outflow junk.

Awesome video! Another Campo like tornado.

Thanks Brett! I hope quality chasing keeps going through the month of June for you guys.

Once we pass the jet max this week, it seems like perpetual "trough-ridge-trough" across the CONUS with occasional EML-advection into the northern-tier (GLOV-N. Plains). Most of the analogs kept delivering tornadic activity throughout the month, some of which bad news (1990/1981 e.g.) for the public. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived