• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Getting together for the Mountain/Foothill folks

Met1985

Hello ladies and gentleman I was seeing how available people would be during the summer in the foothills and the mountains to come together in Asheville and meet our fellow neighbors. I am open for opinions and ideas. I had thought Asheville would be a great place to go get some great food and sit around getting to know one another. Anyway post away if interested. Thanks!

We had a gtg last march at mountain marvels home. I'd be willing to come back up again this year. Asheville would be even closer, if the date worked out I'd come up for the day.

Sounds good. I figured we could work together to coordinate the best possible date so that we could get as many people to come as possible/

How about the Lodge up on Mount Leconte?

We could look into that. Just thought that Asheville would be a good place because of all the restaurants and places to go and hang out drink a few cold ones.

We had a gtg last march at mountain marvels home. I'd be willing to come back up again this year. Asheville would be even closer, if the date worked out I'd come up for the day.

Yep. I remember he went to considerable trouble and expense and the turnout was weak at best.

What do you mean. Pay up front to ensure they come? Yes I know last year was pretty bad. A lot of people said they would come and never did. Even I had to back out two weeks before the date.

I'll just come out and say it. It was embarrassing.  Backing out 2 weeks ahead is fine.  Saying you are going and then never showing up is flat out rude.

Hello ladies and gentleman I was seeing how available people would be during the summer in the foothills and the mountains to come together in Asheville and meet our fellow neighbors. I am open for opinions and ideas. I had thought Asheville would be a great place to go get some great food and sit around getting to know one another. Anyway post away if interested. Thanks!

I would love another g2g  :hug:

Yep. I remember he went to considerable trouble and expense and the turnout was weak at best.

This still makes me sad  :(   I hated I had to go out of town to work and missed it. I would love nothing more than another g2g :wub: 

I'll just come out and say it. It was embarrassing.  Backing out 2 weeks ahead is fine.  Saying you are going and then never showing up is flat out rude.

This  :angry:  I notified everyone the minute I was called. I mean really?? How hard is it to just let everyone know? Ugh... Hopefully my next trip up to Chimney Rock I'll be able to meet up with MM for lunch/dinner  :wub: 

I would love another g2g   :hug:

This still makes me sad   :(   I hated I had to go out of town to work and missed it. I would love nothing more than another g2g :wub:

This   :angry:  I notified everyone the minute I was called. I mean really?? How hard is it to just let everyone know? Ugh... Hopefully my next trip up to Chimney Rock I'll be able to meet up with MM for lunch/dinner   :wub:

Maybe Ill see you in 2 months :wub:

I was one of those who didn't attend last year's gtg, I think reserving a dining establishment and going that route could be a way to get more people to attend. Mountain Marvel really went all out with preparation and to have low number of people attend had to be disappointing.

Asheville sounds like a great option, I'm not very familiar on where would be a good place that could hold a larger number of people.

I was one of those who didn't attend last year's gtg, I think reserving a dining establishment and going that route could be a way to get more people to attend. Mountain Marvel really went all out with preparation and to have low number of people attend had to be disappointing.

Asheville sounds like a great option, I'm not very familiar on where would be a good place that could hold a larger number of people.

Ya picking Asheville I thought the same thing about making reservations. We have several very good areas to go out and dine. One place that comes to mind is the new Biltmore Park near Long Shoals road but I thin we have some people that live in Asheville on the board that would know more than me about great places for a big group.

I might be able to make it depends on date/place? I might bring Bastardi with me, if MariettaWx promises not to pick a fight with Bastardi... :D

I think you might have an idea there to boost attendance.

LMAO

I haven't worked out in a couple of years. I may have been able to take him then but ill pass for now. My old workout partner (best man in my wedding) who is also a weather freak still works out five days a week could handle him. He may be down to come on up as well.

Ill still tell JB he is a hype machine if I ever meet him.

I won't make any promises as I'm slammed at work. Just this week I'm heading out to Washington state to work a music festival and I have two more next month to work in NYC and TN...on top of that I'm in the middle of buying a house. If the timing is right though I'll try and make it.

Wow Burger you are one traveling fool. Stay safe out there. Well I waas thinking tha one of the best time would be sometime in June and after the 4th of July. I know a lot of people will be going on vaction around the 4th and stuff. But if anyone wants to throw out some times that would be great to try to get as many people to come up as possible.

Sorry I haven't posted in here yet. I am all in for this event but we take several vacations in the Summer that may impinge. There are many options as to where this can take place. Below is a link to a outdoor one with covered shelters. The rental fees are 50.00 for a smaller one 25-30 people & if this really got going 75.00 for a larger one 50-75 people. If we shared the cost up front then the no shows might be less of a issue. 

http://www.buncombecounty.org/governing/depts/parks/facilities/parks/lakejulian.aspx

Google picture link for park:

http://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+lake+julian+park&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=BhqeUbqRJMLk4AOV-YDwDQ&ved=0CCsQsAQ&biw=1600&bih=807

I am certainly interested in an Asheville gathering. I'm all too familiar with Asheville; my father is a native and I visited frequently while growing up. Now, my girlfriend and I often make Asheville our destination for special dates. It's a beautiful city and a relatively easy drive from many locations.

Archived