• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Memorial Day Weekend Coastal/Snow

Damage In Tolland

MPV just dropped 2F in 5 minutes...from 39/37 to 37/37.

MVL down to 39F. 

Both stations still reporting -RN but wind chills below freezing.  Awesome raw day on May 25th.

Interestingly enough, SLK at 1,600ft in the 'Dacks has seen precipitation lighten up and has since risen from 37F to 40F.

yup and 34.5 just up the road a few miles at 1437 (long meadow hill)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MPV just dropped 2F in 5 minutes...from 39/37 to 37/37.

MVL down to 39F. 

Both stations still reporting -RN but wind chills below freezing.  Awesome raw day on May 25th.

Interestingly enough, SLK at 1,600ft in the 'Dacks has seen precipitation lighten up and has since risen from 37F to 40F.

Models actually showed the cooling coming in from the NE while keeping the western part of the precip shield rain.

Wow, just wow, snow in the forecast here tonight per the NWS:

Tonight Rain showers before 4am, then scattered rain and snow showers. Low around 35. Northwest wind 13 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=41.81943165932006&lon=-72.38754272460937

Some of our VT friends have been reminding me of Ray's pessimism during the blizzard :lol:

lol its only me... I'm familiar enough around here you can call me out ;) 

There's no doubt the models from yesterday were a bit too cold in the lower levels during the day today, but its progressing close enough to progged.  But there were models that had BTV in the mid 30s at midday today, not mid 40s.

pfreak how are those Froude numbers doing.

looks like dry slot moving in toward monteplier shortly?

If I was will I would consider heading up toward underhill state park...how far in elevation will that road take you (will is capable of a short hike) ..underhill center at 2233 is down to 32F and west slope upslope dump job looks to be occurring there NOW

Whoomp there it is

METAR KEFK 251855Z AUTO 34015G24KT 2 1/2SM SN OVC007 01/00 A2997 RMK AO2 VIS 2V5 T00110000

Damn you beat me too it!  I was just about to post that... KEFK (Newport, VT) is only 764ft asl. 

So northeast kingdom is seeing snow now under 1,000ft.

KEFK.jpg

pfreak how are those Froude numbers doing.

looks like dry slot moving in toward monteplier shortly?

If I was will I would consider heading up toward underhill state park...how far in elevation will that road take you (will is capable of a short hike) ..underhill center at 2233 is down to 32F and west slope upslope dump job looks to be occurring there NOW

Underhill State Park will get you to like 1,800ft I think and then you have to start walking. 

Bolton Valley will be your highest roadway in the area, or RT 108 past Stowe ski resort at Smugglers Notch (2,200ft).

I'm still really surprised that Bolton base area at 2,100ft has no accumulation yet or even looks to have a trace of snow sticking.  Leads me to believe accums are still closer to 2,500ft and above.

bolton-valley-webcam-image2.jpg

lol its only me... I'm familiar enough around here you can call me out ;)

There's no doubt the models from yesterday were a bit too cold in the lower levels during the day today, but its progressing close enough to progged. But there were models that had BTV in the mid 30s at midday today, not mid 40s.

Just messing with you but will and scott were liking it, which is always a good combo to have on your side

Archived