joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Memorial Day Weekend Coastal/Snow

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro coming in really cold...good grief. It even has BTV down in the mid to upper 30s at the sfc at 18z tomorrow. :lol:

This is going to be a crushing late season snow probably for anyone above 1,000 feet up there. Maybe even decent snow a bit lower if these thermal profiles are correct.

Euro coming in really cold...good grief. It even has BTV down in the mid to upper 30s at the sfc at 18z tomorrow. :lol:This is going to be a crushing late season snow probably for anyone above 1,000 feet up there. Maybe even decent snow a bit lower if these thermal profiles are correct.

A shift east too...really gets the Whites involved too. -5C 850s for almost the entire Green spine 18z tomorrow...ridic.

Euro coming in really cold...good grief. It even has BTV down in the mid to upper 30s at the sfc at 18z tomorrow. :lol:

This is going to be a crushing late season snow probably for anyone above 1,000 feet up there. Maybe even decent snow a bit lower if these thermal profiles are correct.

I was telling my friend, who is the president at vermont tech college which sits about 1420' in randolph vt that he is gonna be very close to if not snowing tomm eve, very close there.

58F here and falling slowly, just nuts to have a daytime temperature drop in late May. Mount Washington is at 48.3F, so the boundary is still to the west of them.

OT, but did anyone notice the very low elevation snows in the PNW, down to 3,000'? They got a general 8-12" of snow above 6,000'.

58F here and falling slowly, just nuts to have a daytime temperature drop in late May. Mount Washington is at 48.3F, so the boundary is still to the west of them.

OT, but did anyone notice the very low elevation snows in the PNW, down to 3,000'? They got a general 8-12" of snow above 6,000'.

i saw the 0c line go thru pac nw the other day and was like wow thats odd, snows down below pass level, freakish. That crazy alaskian air is on the move

18" of snow at Timberline Lodge, Mt Hood Oregon:

http://www.timberlinelodge.com/webcams/

Also notice the low elevation snow still remaining on the DOT webcams.

I've been sking at Arapahoe Basin since 1983 and I can't recall this much cover on Memorial Day weekend, nary a bare spot on the entire mountain:

http://www.arapahoebasin.com/ABasin/snow-conditions/web-cams.aspx

I think that is snow in N ORH hills and Berkshires by 00z tomorrow night too on the Euro.

Definitely was on the 00z run last night, too.    This run seems to rotate the lobe of cold a bit farther west -- or it might be that the time intervals make it appear that way. Tough when all you got is the 24 hour panels.   D'oh.

Actually... I was looking at the old run... oops.   

Definitely was on the 00z run last night, too.    This run seems to rotate the lobe of cold a bit farther west -- or it might be that the time intervals make it appear that way. Tough when all you got is the 24 hour panels.   D'oh.

This run is colder than the 00z run...I definitely think it would get snow into Monads/Berkshires and even possibly ORH hills...and up through dendrite's area. The annoying part if you only have 24h increments is that you can't compare 00z to 12z.

This run is colder than the 00z run...I definitely think it would get snow into Monads/Berkshires and even possibly ORH hills...and up through dendrite's area. The annoying part if you only have 24h increments is that you can't compare 00z to 12z.

Is it possible to see mangled flakes this far south?

I would love to witness that.  None of the false "T" recording for hail.... Even a couple of flakes.

If ORH records any snow at all on May 26th (after midnight Saturday night), it will tie for the latest on record for snow recorded at ORH. If they get any measurable, it would beat the latest on record which is currently 5/18/02. I'm doubting measurable but wouldn't be surprised to see flakes down to ORH..and heck maybe even down into the NE CT highlands.

I think Powderfreak's home at 800 feet is going to get crushed looking at this in more detail. He should sneak back up to VT overnight on Sat night.

I may be heading up tomorrow morning and then come back down on Sunday for the rest of the weekend, lol.  I don't even care about the driving at this point.

I may be heading up tomorrow morning and then come back down on Sunday for the rest of the weekend, lol.  I don't even care about the driving at this point.

Did you ever see my reply that it snowed on Killington Peak in August of 1982? I had the wrong date of 1983 to start with. MW had snow for 4 days in late August that year.

Can you check what happened in New England in late May of 1967, it seems to have snowed 18" at Killington, Vermont.

Yeah we've referenced that event many times...this would be a larger event than that one. I don't think that one got much north of Killington for big snows. It snowed 6"+ in the Monadnocks too and N ORH county.

This storm system is a much bigger entity and really impressive. I'm expecting to see 20"+ totals in N VT if the current guidance is close to reality.

Archived