joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Memorial Day Weekend Coastal/Snow

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM has the freezing line around 900mb from Greens down into the Berkshires and Catskills under the deformation band. That would almost certainly be snow above about 2000 feet.

Take pictures for me.  There are two neighborhood roads that climb to almost 2,400ft.  Tell your fiance you need to go for a weenie drive and can drive to 2kft+, weenie out for a bit, and then come back to Burlington.  You'll only be gone about 90 minutes max if you sit around for a half hour in the snow.

LOL...

Will/ORH is in for a treat if this band comes true up there and he can get to some elevation... pretty good SFC low track for BTV's CWA.  This is a track that I hope for in the winter but causes indigestion for SNE with the low sitting over BOS. 

f60.gif

I will trailer the sled to Estcourt Station

Looking at that weenie map, you might be able to park the trailer at Pittston Farm and ride to Estcourt.  :sled:   Of course, the snow comes after about 2" rain, so water crossings could be interesting.

The State Parks reservation desk here in AUG is getting loads of callers cancelling campsite reservations for this weekend.  That's kind of like ski areas getting rain during Christmas week - nasty way to begin the peak season.

LOL...

attachicon.gifnam_namer_060_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif

Will/ORH is in for a treat if this band comes true up there and he can get to some elevation... pretty good SFC low track for BTV's CWA.  This is a track that I hope for in the winter but causes indigestion for SNE with the low sitting over BOS. 

NAM is cold too..probably wouldn't even need to go all the way up to 2,000 feet for snow. I'd bet 1,500 feet would be snowing, perhaps even in the Berkshires.

Looking at that weenie map, you might be able to park the trailer at Pittston Farm and ride to Estcourt.  :sled:   Of course, the snow comes after about 2" rain, so water crossings could be interesting.

The State Parks reservation desk here in AUG is getting loads of callers cancelling campsite reservations for this weekend.  That's kind of like ski areas getting rain during Christmas week - nasty way to begin the peak season.

Yeah, this will not be a very good camping weekend, Reminds me of my camping in the 70's at the west forks on memorial weekend, Lot of bad years with cold rain most of the time, Brook fishing......ftl

N Greens might get over a foot of snow on the GFS, lol. That is a bomb.

I may lose it, lol... you get the big snows in the winter and then you head up to my neck of the woods and I head down to yours, only to probably look at pictures of them plowing the high elevation roads above 2,000ft.

Archived