• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Memorial Day Weekend Coastal/Snow

Damage In Tolland

I'll be right in Burlington, the wedding is just outside it. So I'll def go chase snow if its going to accumulate. I don't think I'll chase catpaws or a few mangled flakes.

Nice...Charlotte or Shelbourn on the lake? Those are usual suspects for weddings.

Your best bet from there is the fabled weenie Bolton Valley at 2100-2400ft on the Spine only 20 minutes outside BTV. Heck you can drive up there on your way home south on 89...just get off at exit 11, drive from 350ft up to 2400ft, then come back down and get on exit 10 in Waterbury, closer to home heading south.

If you can find snow with a car in the Greens it'll be at Bolton Valley on the Spine. I think it was 2009 when I found accumulating snow up there on May 31st at 2100ft but I'll have to check that date.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice...Charlotte or Shelbourn on the lake? Those are usual suspects for weddings.

Your best bet from there is the fabled weenie Bolton Valley at 2100-2400ft on the Spine only 20 minutes outside BTV. Heck you can drive up there on your way home south on 89...just get off at exit 11, drive from 350ft up to 2400ft, then come back down and get on exit 10 in Waterbury, closer to home heading south.

If you can find snow with a car in the Greens it'll be at Bolton Valley on the Spine. I think it was 2009 when I found accumulating snow up there on May 31st at 2100ft but I'll have to check that date.

Yeah 2009 had the cold shot that started on May 31st and went into June 1st. I vividly remember SLK reporting snow on June 1st....as I'm sure the northenr Greens did too. That was mereky an upslope event, this one has potential to be a little more than that if things line up correctly.

We are driving 6.5 hrs Friday for the Red Sox series vs CLE. Have tickets Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Did I waste $800+ I'll never get back and not even get to see a game all f'n weekend? Not a chance we can make it back for a makeup game(s) later in the season.

How f'd am I?

We are driving 6.5 hrs Friday for the Red Sox series vs CLE. Have tickets Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Did I waste $800+ I'll never get back and not even get to see a game all f'n weekend? Not a chance we can make it back for a makeup game(s) later in the season.

How f'd am I?

Brutal.   I'm doubting all 3 games would be washed out...may not be the best of conditions, but I'm sure they'll play 1 or even 2...

Yeah 2009 had the cold shot that started on May 31st and went into June 1st. I vividly remember SLK reporting snow on June 1st....as I'm sure the northenr Greens did too. That was mereky an upslope event, this one has potential to be a little more than that if things line up correctly.

Ahh yeah then that was definitely the year because I remember SLK had snow too and we had graupel/frozen even down in the valley...and it was absurdly late in the season for accumulations, even at like 1800-2000ft on May 31-June 1 is pushing it.

Even if I won't be around up there this weekend, I'd still prefer to track the chance for some elevation flakes rather than 70F dew points, lol. At least it's a little anomalous although the timing sucks for the holiday weekend.

BTV discussion was talking up snow in the elevations as a possibility...been a little while since snow has shown up in an AFD.

Bolton valley rocks, that place dumps snow.....overall this weekend turned from just chilly to miserable ran and chilly. I feel we haven't had a multiple-day cutoff low this season though....a few that lasted a day and a night but none that lasted on the order of 3 days

i noticed some subtle improvements on the 00z runs. Still not nice..but less bad than those horrible runs yesterday. With a little luck most of the rains look like they may stay well to the west..with just showers. Still think the Cape may be the best place to be this weekend and maybe sneak in a few peeks of sun

The GFS is a little more progressive and saves Sunday albeit chilly. Euro says Sunday still sucks with showers although the low is virtually on top of us. Saturday was less nasty if you will but still basically a disaster.

How does Box get 72 70 and 69 as highs this weekend?

The euro would probably give Logan11 some flakes..lol. Boy is it cold out in ern NY under the deformation band.

The GGEM/CMC was LOL'tastic... I'm going to be pissed if I'm down one town over from Tolland County (the safest weather county in the country) in Woodstock and Mansfield gets a fairly decent snowfall.  This is one of those situations I just feel like that mountain will pull out a surprise...like 6"+ on the picnic tables at the end of May.

00z GGEM...

I'm getting a bit more optimistic for seeing some snow up in N VT if I go up to 2,000 feet. Still, will really have to hone in on the details when we are this late in the season. I would like to see good model agreement on the deformation area parking itself over that region for time. Euro def did it at 00z...would still like to see it tick east slightly.

Yeah the Canadian is weenie worthy. It's going to depend on how the deformation band sets up...but I think the taller peaks of the Greens will squeeze out some snow even from upslope. But that band is key as to how much the high el will receive. As modeled, the Dacks, Greens, and even Catskills will probably see some snow. 

The GGEM/CMC was LOL'tastic... I'm going to be pissed if I'm down one town over from Tolland County (the safest weather county in the country) in Woodstock and Mansfield gets a fairly decent snowfall.  This is one of those situations I just feel like that mountain will pull out a surprise...like 6"+ on the picnic tables at the end of May.

I feel for you on that one but if it's any consolation, you're one town away from the best possible place for a chance of a mangled flake falling in NE CT.    I don't think it will happen, but if it does, this place would see it first:

https://maps.google.com/?ll=41.984505,-72.183094&spn=0.036175,0.055189&t=p&z=14

Archived