Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Memorial Day Weekend Coastal/Snow

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe we can get a few snowfakes down here as well. Temp falling through 39F here with light rain.

If we had some decent echos I think we would...not much going on return wise in SNE.  I'm wondering if some of that area in NH will pivot through here...that might provide our only chance.

Congrats to the northern guys for pulling off snow on Memorial Day weekend!  That's truely awesome and it just goes to show that you what the weather can do.

If we had some decent echos I think we would...not much going on return wise in SNE.  I'm wondering if some of that area in NH will pivot through here...that might provide our only chance.

Congrats to the northern guys for pulling off snow on Memorial Day weekend!  That's truely awesome and it just goes to show that you what the weather can do.

I'm thinking that some of that heavier stuff will rotate through here, but it's been raining here most of the day, so there seems to be enough precip, it's just not cold enough yet for snow.

It's 39.4F here and slowly falling with light rain.

I'm thinking that some of that heavier stuff will rotate through here, but it's been raining here most of the day, so there seems to be enough precip, it's just not cold enough yet for snow.

It's 39.4F here and slowly falling with light rain.

We need the heavier echos to dynamically cool the column to support snow.  It may have been raining all day but it's not raining heavy enough right now to produce snow.  Maybe that will happen around 08Z if that areas rotates through - we'll see.

Pushing 1/2" new. 32.8F

ridic

Radar looks really nice for you guys with that little pivot point and swirl...  I'm not exactly sure where you are or wxeye, but know you guys are somewhere in the vicinity of the I-93 corridor west of the lake.

There will be a weenie jackpot area west and north of the lake, lol.

May25_GYX_10pm_radar.gif

Pushing 1/2" new. 32.8F

ridic

Wow, Brian your temp got down lower than mine. Impressive temp for your lower elevation I dropped to 33.1F during the heaviest snow. Up to 33.6F now with the light stuff now. Looking at the VT obs with all rain at the stations there, very impressed we got the snow. Didn't think it would happen the way things looked earlier in the PM.

Radar looks really nice for you guys with that little pivot point and swirl...  I'm not exactly sure where you are or wxeye, but know you guys are somewhere in the vicinity of the I-93 corridor west of the lake.

There will be a weenie jackpot area west and north of the lake, lol.

May25_GYX_10pm_radar.gif

Powderfreak, I am on a ridge just east of Newfound Lake or about 8 miles SW of downtown Plymouth NH. Brian is about 20 miles due south of me I would guess. Looks like another intense band inbound for our area.

Archived