Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Memorial Day Weekend Coastal/Snow

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys my certainly see flakes IF you can get into tht band that will be pounding VT. Tough to really have high confidence but a legit chance for sure.

If NY state had snow at 1500' snow level certainly will be below 2k in VT later.

Thanks--I'll be keeping my eyes glued to what's coming down.

was suspended til today--said he wasnt coming back...we'll see.

Oh, the drama!! lol

Ginxy, on 22 May 2013 - 3:42 PM, said:

record Low maxes

Burlington 5/25 51 in 1925

5/26 46 in 1961

Concord

48 in 1967

44 in 1967

Worcester

42 in 1967

41 in 1967

Boston

48 in 2005

44 in 1967

Hartford

48 in 1967

49 in 1967

Providence

44 in 1967

44 in 1967

For reference BTV will blow theirs away, BDL and Con look good

Man you can see though how the northerly winds are enhancing precip through CPV Convergence...BTV's been pulling in the heavies precip amounts with a steady 0.4-0.5" every 6 hours with almost an inch in the past 12 hours.

Mansfield winds out of the due north indicate it should start swinging around to focus precip on VT side of the lake basin and western slopes.

Man you can see though how the northerly winds are enhancing precip through CPV Convergence...BTV's been pulling in the heavies precip amounts with a steady 0.4-0.5" every 6 hours with almost an inch in the past 12 hours.

Mansfield winds out of the due north indicate it should start swinging around to focus precip on VT side of the lake basin and western slopes.

Nice.  NWS radar has 30dbz returns on my head and nothing's coming down.  In fact, almost looks like the sun watns to come through, lol.

42.9/41

Top of Mount Mansfield at the WCAX transmitter...

If you look over by the trees you can see the elevated snow/rain bucket. If it makes it into that bucket, it gets recorded by the COOP. They will not measure the snow on the ground, so it'll be interesting to see what that bucket has in it at the 4pm observation time.

It annoys me to no end...if there isn't snow in the little bucket between the wind chimes, or it melted because theres water in the bucket, then it never snowed, even if its white on the ground.

964385_10152837721965442_1598770058_o.jp

I think there's a chance if the TROWAL doesn't push the 0C line too far west. 100mi east with the system would've been nice.

Maybe behind in the wraparound..but yeah just a little too warm within the TROWAL. Pretty fun how the shuckers in SW CT jave some of the coldest temps in SNE under that band of rain. 50 here.

Archived