• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Memorial Day Weekend Coastal/Snow

Damage In Tolland

LOL I just got down here. Time to switch places.

Actually change of plans for me...gotta bring my cousin up north tomorrow at 6am...so I'll be here one more night. Not that I'm missing anything. I wouldn't get to Essex Junction until after 11pm if I left now. I can ingest the models tonight anyway...and plan my chase route.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

48F here, low 40's already around the New Hartford area.

My car thermometer was reading 47F in southern Westchester just twenty minutes ago, and it tends to run warm on highways like where I was just driving. Amazing how quickly it got cold...I drove to work at 8am with A/C on low and came home reaching for the heat.

My car thermometer was reading 47F in southern Westchester just twenty minutes ago, and it tends to run warm on highways like where I was just driving. Amazing how quickly it got cold...I drove to work at 8am with A/C on low and came home reaching for the heat.

It was 68F here at noon and now it's 47F and there's still a bit of daylight.

Yeah this sounds good from BOX..I think we'll see the continued backing off of the ridick 850's to something more paplpable..Maybe some frosts in a few bogs and glens or something..but out in the sun a warm feel..with cool nights

SATURDAY AND SUNDAY...WITH HIGH PRESSURE DOMINANT OVER SOUTHERN NEW

ENGLAND...EXPECT A PLEASANT WEEKEND WITH HIGH TEMPERATURES A FEW

DEGREES BELOW NORMAL AND SUNNY SKIES.

this might be why so many folks are WTFing today.

Radar indicates snow falling in the Catskills and Adirondacks, but all I can see on the local ski area webcams is fog with the fading daylight.

On my drive earlier in the Western Catskills it was all (wet) snow above ~2000', a mix from 1500-2000', and mostly rain below that.  Nothing stuck bit it was nice to see.  Currently 38.6° with just light drizzle.  Radar seems to be rebuilding so we will see if some snow can mix in again or take over.

Actually change of plans for me...gotta bring my cousin up north tomorrow at 6am...so I'll be here one more night. Not that I'm missing anything. I wouldn't get to Essex Junction until after 11pm if I left now. I can ingest the models tonight anyway...and plan my chase route.

I still think that the Bolton Valley area is your best bet up at 2000ft<. Other roads would be RT 108 (the road i live on but several miles downhill) in Stowe up through Smugglers Notch at 2200ft, but the DOT will close that road at 1500ft if it starts to snow.

I have 50º at about 700', but I won't swear to my thermometer's accuracy. Gonna go outside and yell "FREAK". Tell me if you hear me.

Haha yours is probably just as good as what I'm using here...standard non-digital thermometer, sited under trees and attached to the house. Probably as unofficial as you can get and would make Dendrite cringe.

I honestly don't see how the favored areas won't get crushed. It is a little surprising BTV is sort of meh and conservative given the mid levels. I understand if you are depending on upslope to crank it out...but the mid levels combined with low level NW flow look incredible. 

I suppose we should make sure the mid levels align perfectly to dump on the spine. A wiggle west or east by 30-40 miles means a lot....but this looks like a crusher for above 2k and probably potential for damaging foliage fracturer above 1200-1500'.

The Dacks look incredible too. 

I would watch what the area near 850mb does because the temps near and esp east of the spine do warm a bit. I think upslope flow and overall dynamics should suffice, but the lift and precip intensity need to be there with good -2C to -4C temps ay 850. Maybe BTV is concerned of that warm tongue from the TROWAL.

The Dacks look incredible too. 

I would watch what the area near 850mb does because the temps near and esp east of the spine do warm a bit. I think upslope flow and overall dynamics should suffice, but the lift and precip intensity need to be there with good -2C to -4C temps ay 850. Maybe BTV is concerned of that warm tongue from the TROWAL.

The Euro was so cold...I think it will be a non-issue in VT. GFS at 18z tried to wrap it a bit west, Even if it does try to wrap west, I dont think it would be until later tomorrow night...the huge crush job looks to be during the day tomorrow and evening.

Do you have that mesonet map for NNE available? It sort of looks like the SNE PD family one but its for NNE.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/btv/mesoanalysis/MesoAnalysis.shtml

It's the meso-analysis page on BTV's site...awesome little tool and you can map different variables and loop the past like 12-24 hours. I just looped the CAA and you can see the cold came in but it already started warming up again out in St Lawerance Valley and out towards western NY. This will be precip driven cold air.

Only draw-backs are its only updated once per hour, not in live time like the PD family one, and you can't click on the stations for more info.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/btv/mesoanalysis/MesoAnalysis.shtml

It's the meso-analysis page on BTV's site...awesome little tool and you can map different variables and loop the past like 12-24 hours.

Only draw-backs are its only updated once per hour, not in live time like the PD family one, and you can't click on the stations for more info.

I thought there was a different one too though. I've seen you post it before...the southern edge of it goes to N ORH county.

Archived