• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2013 AMEX Temperature Forecast Contest Results

I put all of the individual months and total scoring from this year's temperature contest into charts. Figured I would try to keep it all in one thread for everyone's perusal. I'll update the thread at the end of each month, or whenever Roger posts the final scores. 

Of course, all credit goes to Roger Smith for the time and effort put into running this year's contest.

Total scoring through July.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry, so late...but haven't had much time lately. Plus, the adjusted penalties have changed things a bit. The annual scoring chart in the first post has been updated, through June. And below is the June scoring. The other month's charts have to be redone...which I hope to do in the near future. But for now, I've deleted them.

June 2013 scoring.

Thanks for the update and I hope those revisions won't create too much extra work. By the end of today I should have the previous tables edited to show the revised scoring but the latest tables are already revised. For anyone not familiar with what we're discussing, I took some time to equalize the penalties imposed from January to June so that changes proposed for later months won't be unfair to previously penalized forecasters. The changes are generally rather minor and reduce the penalties by about a quarter to a half going back to start of the contest year.

My June and annual tables have these revisions. The June thread has the details of the new penalty structure. The January to May threads have also been revised, and there is a table of specific forecaster revisions (added scores) in the June thread. The back changes are going in as edits rather than new posts so you won't see new posts and the threads are all back where they were at the end of each month.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived