Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 4-6 SE Soaker, Discussion & OBS....

NavarreDon

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4.6 inches so far and still falling. 44 was the low this morning. Here is a before and after view of Otter Creek just down the hill from the house. I made the pic about 20 minutes ago. Stay tuned.......

Woah. You guys got slammed. I only got 0.81" out of the the 4" the HPC had forecast for my area. Not that I'm complaining...

1.8 inches so far in Hildebran, NC, near Hickory. Rivers are starting to get full and a flood warning has been issued for some western NC counties. Heavy rain looks to be the theme for the next hour, just sitting back and enjoying it.

4.6 inches so far and still falling. 44 was the low this morning. Here is a before and after view of Otter Creek just down the hill from the house. I made the pic about 20 minutes ago. Stay tuned.......

Your swing is gonna get washed away mate.

I think Atlanta and areas to the south, north, and east got 3-5" yesterday and this morning. Also in northwest Georgia I believe Rome got at least 3-4". The rest of us 2" or less. Still waiting on all that rain we were supposed to get in my area.

That's a pretty good total!  Haven't seen anything close to that here in a while.  Even with this system we're only forecast an inch at best.  

This is an oddball system for sure... just saw a photo of a house and yard covered in hail in N. Alabama today. Looks like about a six inch snowfall unless you look really closely.

How about accumulation? :-)

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA

634 PM EDT SUN MAY 5 2013

GAZ001>007-011>014-019>022-030>034-041>046-052>057-066>070-078-

079-060030-

DADE-WALKER-CATOOSA-WHITFIELD-MURRAY-FANNIN-GILMER-CHATTOOGA-

GORDON-PICKENS-DAWSON-FLOYD-BARTOW-CHEROKEE-FORSYTH-POLK-PAULDING-

COBB-NORTH FULTON-GWINNETT-HARALSON-CARROLL-DOUGLAS-SOUTH FULTON-

DEKALB-ROCKDALE-HEARD-COWETA-FAYETTE-CLAYTON-SPALDING-HENRY-TROUP-

MERIWETHER-PIKE-UPSON-LAMAR-HARRIS-TALBOT-

634 PM EDT SUN MAY 5 2013

SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUE TO MOVE TOWARDS THE

NORTH NORTHEAST AT 25 MPH ACROSS PORTIONS OF NORTH AND WEST

CENTRAL GEORGIA. THESE STORMS HAVE ALREADY PRODUCED PEA-SIZED HAIL

AND HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO PRODUCE UP TO DIME-SIZED HAIL THROUGH

830 PM. MINOR ACCUMULATION OF HAIL IS POSSIBLE WITH THESE STORMS. WIND

GUSTS TO AROUND 30 MPH AREA ALSO POSSIBLE.

Wow just woke up and ran down to the river and wow I was right on saying this morning if this keeps up we would have major flooding. The river has risen some 10+ feet. the low lying areas the water is about 4 feet from spilling into the road. Cow fields have been flooded and a small stream which runs about 4-5 inches deep is now a raging river about 5 feet deep. I have taken pics and will try to post them before going to work. Still pouring th rain also and that is not good.

Over 3.5 inches storm total and the Catawba is flooding...which is amazing to see it flooding with under 4 inches for a 24 hour period. I think the saturation prior to this event has made the flooding a lot more significant. The very concerning part is that our storm is stalling over Alabama which keeps a deep Southeast flow over the escarpment...could be some major problems for a lot of areas by tomorrow.

Archived