joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 19th-20 Storm Thread III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that the GFS has been leading the trends all along. Everytime is comes out with a run, all of the other models, besides maybe the NAM, are 2 steps behind it. It blows up the storm west, then changes east, then all the other models blow it up west, then head east. I have hopes that the 12Z run will come west, but my gut is telling me it will be either be where it is now, or even further east. I have a sickening feeling in my stomach right now...

This was the run several well respected mets said mattered and I 100% agree. I think SE NE is still in the line of fire, but hopes are dwindling to the west of Bos to PVD. This is the NAM, until we see others with a similar whiff....not to worry but if this whole suite goes east forget-a-bout-it.

I would say based on trends since 12Z yesterday, the threat is significantly lowered. The wild card is the back in which is notoriously difficult to achieve and predict and is now outside of the 3-4 day window of the models.

I would say based on trends since 12Z yesterday, the threat is significantly lowered. The wild card is the back in which is notoriously difficult to achieve and predict and is now outside of the 3-4 day window of the models.

Yeah I agree. I'm starting to think this could be a total whiff again.

The chances for a blockbuster snow are dwindling fast everywhere.

interesting how the two camp split we've seen on a lot of the ensemble packages is showing itself in the op runs...that is...OTS or massive hit.

yesterday's 15z sref run for example was basically split in half - with hardly any middle ground. they were either full on crushers or nearly complete whiffs.

a lot of the gefs members have been that way too for quite a while. it's been interesting though because it's produced a mean that "looks" good.

interesting how the two camp split we've seen on a lot of the ensemble packages is showing itself in the op runs...that is...OTS or massive hit.

yesterday's 15z sref run for example was basically split in half - with hardly any middle ground. they were either full on crushers or nearly complete whiffs.

a lot of the gefs members have been that way too for quite a while. it's been interesting though because it's produced a mean that "looks" good.

Yup. And that's one of the things that can throw you off just looking at a mean.

That's a good point. There were literally two camps for a few days now.

Well, Its the Nam, Looks like it wants to start retrogradeing on the last panel, Hopefully we can get the S/W to slow down on the GFS for an earlier phase, 0-1 so far, Takes 3 strikes to be out, Have to wait and see what the rest of 12z has to offer, But this run did not start this pkg off on the right foot..........

I might be pulling at straws, but we could still see another flip flop with this.. this might be one of the rare cases Where the models change until 24 hours out... look at what they've done over the past 24 hours why can't they do it again?

I'm beginning to lose hope. We need a shift in the 12z runs and the NAM was a bad start.

How come it seems the only times the models will always agree in these situations is when they all are going to miss? I really hope this is the NAM doing the usual thing and overfocusing on the first impulse.

What scares me is everyone said yesterday that today was the key run where data is being sampled and we have this first model with a huge shift OTS.

Archived