SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2013 Obs/Banter/Complaining/Sarcasm

Ellinwood

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have watched storms train just to my west all afternoon and evening, and now watch them slide east of me.  Literally, it's been lighting (and raining) all around me for nearly 6 hours, and all I've gotten is a little light rain (under .10 so far).  Bummer.  Could really use some significant rain.  There's a little more to come according to radar, but those returns don't suggest much of note.  At least the nearby storms really cooled off the temps this evening.  I had a 15 degree temp drop with the first big series of strorms that brushed west of me in the late afternoon.  Those storms looked to have really pounded areas just to my west.

Got 0.45" last evening which I am happy about -- we needed it.  I'd love to pick up another half inch today.  Got some breaks of sun coming thru now to hopefully stir things up.

My 7th grader has a class trip to Hershey tomorrow -- when it was scheduled we hoped it wouldn't be 95 and humid....the last thing we thought was upper 50s and windy! :wacko:

All I could manage last night was .18".  Had to water my plants this morning, but at least the clouds are holding out here and the temp - while humid - is rather comfortable 66F

That's a shame.  Those storms just didn't seem to want to cross 81.  We had well over an inch at my house.  Easy to measure because of the pool water.  Torrential rain about 3 times yesterday evening.

Maybe today you can get a heavier batch to swing through.

In today's "fun with weather models", the 00z WRF-NMM has showers and temps in the middle to upper 40s tomorrow afternoon.

Record low maxes would have been on the table if not for a likely midnight high tomorrow. (records in the upper 50s)

I think we both agree that 40's is a big stretch unless the clouds are as effective as an eclipse. I can easily see upper 50's as a possibility though. Pretty strong caa and clouds could be pretty thick with a fairly low ceiling. Bring it!

That's a shame.  Those storms just didn't seem to want to cross 81.  We had well over an inch at my house.  Easy to measure because of the pool water.  Torrential rain about 3 times yesterday evening.

Maybe today you can get a heavier batch to swing through.

I sure hope so; it's amazingly quickly gotten very dry at my house.

Archived